Do you have an innovative idea to address smart logistics challenges in Africa?
Apply to DIGILOGIC Challenges to:
- Participate in a 3-day Bootcamp in Europe with relevant experts
- Enjoy 12 months of support (85 hours) from technology, business and logistics experts from Europe and Africa.
- Have 12 months of access to Digital Innovation Hubs facilities in Africa and Europe (up to 85 hours)
- Enjoy marketing support to meet investors and uptakers
Digilogic invites proposals focused on digital logistics in one of four phases of the value chain:
Successful proposals will get
Successful proposals will participate in a 12-month program beginning with a three-day boot camp, which is followed by:
- Up to 85 hours of access to Digital Innovation Hubs’ (DIH) facilities in Africa and Europe.
- Up to 85 hours of tailored mentoring/coaching/peer support.
- Opportunities to connect with innovation networks and large companies
- Impact Potential: an actual user problem is solved and can potentially be scaled.
- Development Stage: idea-stage startups to scale-stage startups – all are invited (mentoring will be co-designed to suit stage and focus).
- Role of Technology: social innovation is as important as technical innovation.
- Motivation/Team Fit: Entrepreneurial drive and fit with selection criteria.
- Gender Mainstreaming Principles will be applied: each team should have female participant(s).
- Applications from African, European, African / European teams are welcome (teams from one continent will be connected with the other continent during the Bootcamp and subsequent activities).
- Applications accepted from Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Finland, Germany, and Italy. Also, from Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
- At least one team member should have some English language skills.
- At least two members should be able to commit to full participation in the program.
Proposals shall include
- Briefly explain the types of goods (e.g. bulk materials, small consumer goods) to be transported with which infrastructures (e.g. for air, land, water)
- Briefly explain how affordability, efficiency, inclusivity, and especially sustainability will be improved in the target phase.
- Briefly explain how positive change will be brought to the overall value chain including how the overall reliability of the value chain will be improved.
- Be inclusive in addressing the digital divide, social inequalities, and geographical exclusion.
- Preferably enable logistics between rural areas / urban areas.
- Anticipated job creation.
- Own resources available to be used.
Proposal information, submission, and format
- Submitted via: Digilogic Community Platform.
- At least: in written English; in bullet points; 200 words maximum
- In addition, applicants can submit audio recordings and video recordings (*awaiting technical ok). (these should include a visual representation (e.g. a picture, a diagram) and local languages).
- Proposal Headings: Challenge solution including the type of goods and infrastructure involved; Positive change to target value chain phase; Positive change to overall value chain including overall reliability; Positive change to addressing the digital divide, social inequalities, and geographical exclusion; Focus on rural areas, on urban areas, or rural areas and urban areas; Job creation; Approximate capital investment needed to start; own resources to be used.