|Application deadline||Jun 30|
|Organizer||Enygma VenturesInvestment Fund|
|Targets||Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
Our new Shift fund focuses on supporting startups, entrepreneurs and innovators who have innovative solutions that will redefine the future we all will live in post-pandemic. In partnership with Startup Circles, we are launching a program to help support new and existing businesses that specifically are focused on solving issues and systemic problems to help build a new world going forward. We will provide either seed funding or mentoring scholarships to those selected. We believe it’s time for businesses to seize the moment, adapt, change and reinvent in order to build a better world.
What Are We Looking For?
- A business idea or existing business that is relevant, vital and necessary in a post-Covid 19 world.
- An idea/business that is solving a systemic problem, or an issue of our time and that will help build a better world.
- Businesses that are focused on solving problems for Southern Africa (SADC). The business must either be based or serve/operate in the region.
- The idea/business must be scalable and able to operate on a large scale or have a large addressable market.
- For-profit ideas/businesses. We are not able to support charitable concepts at this time.
- Both male and female applicants. Please note, we will always have a gender inclusion bias and so will be more interested in ideas that have equality at their heart.
If Selected What will you Get?
- If you are at the ideation stage you will likely first be put through the Startup Circles program. This will provide you with world-class mentorship, training and the help to validate your business quickly and efficiently.
- If you are an existing business and have validated your concept – seed funding will be available.
- There is the possibility of receiving both mentoring, education and seed funding.
Applications open from 15 April 2020
If you are at idea-stage apply here
If you have an existing business apply here
Read this blog post for more information on our new Shift fund.