The Tourism Recovery Programme is a training, mentoring and financial support program designed for travel & tourism entrepreneurs in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya to build resilient, sustainable tourism businesses and take steps towards recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
EUR 9.000:Direct financial support to your team to sustain your operations through the challenges of the pandemic
Virtual Learning Programme:On Resilience, Innovation, Sustainability & Digital Transformation
Dedicated mentoring: 1-on-1 mentoring with TUI Group & Global Tourism experts
Access to Market: Support with global expansion and facilitating collaboration with German/European markets
Global Network: Access to an international network of entrepreneurs, business leaders, tourism experts, coaches and investors
Tools & Resources: Curated tools, guides, podcasts, videos, and articles to support your journey through our platform
You are eligible to apply if:
- 3 key team members can participate in the programme per business, among them at least one (co-)founder or legal representative (You will need to prove legal representation)
- Your business was legally registered in Egypt, Mexico, South Africa, and Kenya between Jan 2010 and Dec 2019 (You will need to prove registration)
- Your business was revenue-generating within 18 monthsbefore March 2020 and has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (halted operations, employment loss, revenue loss, client loss, etc.)
- Your business displays a need for immediate financial support as well as ability to benefit from training and mentoring
- The business has an innovative component or approach in travel and tourism; this includes technological, environmental, and social innovations
- The business is locally owned and operates independently
- Your business model is directly or indirectly supported by collaborations between your business and the European market. These collaborations include but are not limited to current or past partnerships, projects/initiatives, trips/experiences, clients, customers, suppliers, service providers, or supporters
- In the selection of participants, additional consideration will be given to encourage diversity and inclusion
We are looking to support tourism & travel entrepreneurs in the following sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Destination Management Company
- Recreation, culture & sporting facilities
- Tech & Consultancy (booking platforms, travel portals, support platforms, consultancy firms, agencies, events management)
- Tour operators (experience & Adventure tourism, community & local tourism, educational tourism, entertainment tours)
- Transportation, booking & logistics
- Other services in the tourism supply chain
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Applications are open until Sunday, the 20th of June 2021 at 11:59 PM (CEST)!
Here are some tips from our side to fill in your application:
- You can only submit once! There’s no option to save an application draft, which is why we recommend you download and prepare the application questions in a word document before starting the survey to save you time and effort.
- Start early! Avoid last-minute technical problems by submitting your application well before the deadline (The sooner the better!)
- If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ sheet for questions about program content, legalities, financials, commitment, expectations, and more!
- If you are having trouble submitting your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note this is the only official channel of communication to receive timely application support.
- Outreach & promotion – May 2021
- Selection process – June 2021
- Virtual kick-off – July 2021
- Workshops – August 2021, September 2021 & October 2021
- Individual mentoring & coaching – November 2021, December 2021 & January 2022
- Market access in Germany – February 2022 – March 2022