Connecting Africa is the premier online community dedicated to tackling the immense scope of the African digital landscape. Connecting Africa offers a comprehensive, informed and nuanced understanding of the region’s communications networking and ICT sector and the commercial opportunities such insight can afford. Connecting Africa’s readers include decision makers from across the entire communications technology ecosystem that are either based in Africa, conducting business with African enterprises or seeking to learn more about one of the communications industry’s growth hot-spots.
Connecting Africa is produced in association with Informa Tech’s hugely successful and market-leading AfricaCom event (tmt.knect365.com/africacom/), the continent’s most important and best-attended communications networking and ICT event, which takes place in Cape Town each November. Connecting Africa brings AfricaCom delegates, and those from the wider tech and telco industries, together in a dedicated online environment that is ‘always on’.
Key topics covered by the Connecting Africa editorial team and its contributors include:
- The evolution of mobile networking, including developments in 3G and 4G as well as the emergence of 5G
- The growth of cloud services and the introduction of virtualization
- The impact of emerging technologies such as IoT, artificial intelligence, enhanced analytics, blockchain and cybersecurity
- Cutting-edge developments in the fintech sector
- The introduction and business case for digital entertainment
- Digital inclusion and gender equality