Compass is a Mauritian venture capital fund backed by ENL, one of Mauritius’ largest business conglomerates.
Compass’ mission is to help Mauritius and the region become a global hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. We believe that our funding activities can contribute to the region’s continued economic growth and development.
Compass invests in start-ups and SMEs with scalable business models and strong growth potential. We’re looking for groundbreaking products or services, solutions to market needs, revolutionary business models and more.
We’re interested in companies with visionary leadership, an exceptional team, a strong and realistic business plan, and the potential to become a market leader.
We invest in every sector of the economy, but prioritize: Education, Energy, Health & Tech.
How we invest
Compass provides companies with equity in exchange for a minority stake of 15 to 40% of the ordinary share capital. “We don’t control nor run the companies ourselves, we support and ensure their autonomous, long-term success!” How?
- By establishing long-term, trust-based relationships with the companies;
- By working closely with their leaders to increase the odds of their success.
Compass offers investees:
- Strategic and operational support
- Access to a regional network of experts and resources
- Help in identifying opportunities within the ENL Group
- A credible and reliable business partnership
- Workspace, if they need it
Flexible SaaS solutions to shorten the path to profitable operations
|Tanzania, United Republic of||Clean technology, Computer software, Financial ser…||Startup stage|
AI-powered ChatBots for the Financial Services Industry
|South Africa||Fintech, Insurance||Growth stage|
Shortlist helps growing enterprises hire based on skills and potential
|Kenya||Artificial intelligence, Enterprise software, Inte…|