MTN Zambia in collaboration with Channel Vas and BongoHive invites developers and entrepreneurs in Zambia to participate in the MoMo Hackathon. The Hackathon gives entrepreneurs based in Zambia the opportunity to create innovative financial and transactional applications using the MTN MoMo API platform.
Who Can Apply
- The Hackathon is open to all residents in Zambia and citizens of Zambia over the age of 18 years old.
- Application developers are open to create apps in any categories defined with exception of pornography, adult content and politics.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the virtual Sprint and Build Week.
- The selected Top 10 applicants must be available for the in-person pitch event in Lusaka on 22 and 23 January, 2022. The applicants will bear their own travel and accommodation costs.
- Teams or eligible individuals entering on behalf of organizations will be accepted with exception of teams representing MTN direct competitors in the Telcom industry.
- MTN and BongoHive staff as well as their immediate family are ineligible to participate.
29 November – 10 December 2021
Applications will be accepted from 22nd of November – 10th December 2021
10 – 14 January 2022
10 selected innovators explore the potential of their business by validating the market and testing all assumptions in 5 days.
17 – 22 January 2022
Participants use learnings from Sprint session to further improve their applications.
23 January 2022
Pitching and Live Demo Session to select 3 winning innovations.
Mobile Money API Integration
Learn how to integrate with the MTN Mobile Money API and receive support from MTN Tech Experts
1st – ZMW20,000
2nd – ZMW15,000
3rd – ZMW10,000
Receive coaching from BongoHive, Channel Vas, and MTN Experts