The second edition of ‘Pitch Day 237’ was held on July 23 in Douala, Cameroon. This is an event organized by the African Centre for Technology, Innovation and Ventures Spaces (ActivSpaces) in association with the Cameroon Angels Network (CAN). Pitch Day 237 aims to support startups incubated at ActivSpaces and to create an opportunity for the public to discover promising projects in the field of technology in Cameroon.
In order to support young entrepreneurs selected for the Pitch Day 237, it was a question of determining the high-potential projects that would benefit from the acceleration program “Activation BootCamp.” This program implemented by ActivSpaces and CAN enables startups to grow by a monitoring follow-up estimated to 4.6 million CFA (7,836 USD), including an amount of 1 million CFA awarded in cash.
Faced with guests, fourteen startups have succeeded to present their project. Viva and Djoss.tv are both winners of the previous edition of the Pitch Day 237 and were able to report the progress of their project since last year. Following them, twelve projects submitted for public appreciation.
After this event, four of the twelve startups will eventually designated as winners and recipients of the “Activation Bootcamp.” The four selected projects are:
– FELICITY, the best and easiest method to trade, customer loyalty and manage promotional campaigns.
– KEMI STORE, an online platform that allows you to order products referenced on millions of online shopping site and be delivered to Cameroon within 15 days.
– OZI PRESS, a digital kiosk Cameroonian newspapers that can be viewed on smartphones or computers wherever we are.
– iDJANGUI, a mobile application to help manage financial transactions in a tontine.
Among the winners of last year:
• Djoss.TV – This web and mobile application allows you to react and comment live with others of television programs. The challenge is to measure the popularity and impressions of television programs.
• VIVA – It is a means of entertainment available for buses and airplanes. Viva offers a wealth of content accessible on the Internet via WiFi. A selection of programs for you to enjoy a pleasant journey
Organized in the premises of ActivSpaces in Douala, located in Akwa, Douala Stock Exchange Face, Pitch Day 237 took place in a vibrant atmosphere. The event was able to count among others on the presence of guests of honor such as Rebecca Enonchong, Roland Kwemain, Eric Niat, Vice President AppsTech and Marvin Cole, CEO of Ovamba that served as sponsors for this second edition of Pitch Day 237. The presence of representatives of the delegations of the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises and the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications has been as much noticed and appreciated.
ActivSpaces is a tech incubator that aims to create and develop an ecosystem conducive to technology development in Cameroon. As a non-profit organization, ActivSpaces assists startups in the field of Technology, offering a free work space, an internet connection and a mentoring program.
Founded in 2014, Cameroon Angels Network (CAN) is the first network of angel investors in Cameroon. CAN invests in all sectors and industries with a particular interest in technology.