Catalyst Fund programs, operating in key markets including Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Mexico and India, focus on under-catalyzed sectors where the combination of finance, data and technology have the power to create innovative solutions for underserved customers. Our current programs focus on inclusive fintech and inclusive digital commerce.
What we offer
We are actively looking for early-stage startups that improve the resilience of underserved and climate-vulnerable communities in emerging markets. Our next cohort will kick off in October 2022.
- USD $100,000 in cash.
- USD $100,000 of venture building support.
- Access to a global network of 100+ investors.
- 1 sponsored intern.
- Up to $175,000 value in Catalyst Fund perks.
- 1 sponsored impact report by 60 Decibels.
- Access to our field research and data on the lives of underserved customers.
- Dedicated PR and marketing support.
- Lifetime access to our global network of 61 alumni companies.
What we look for
- Product: Fintech and climate resilience startups
- Customers: Serving underserved and climate-vulnerable communities
- Team: Local founders or co-founders, gender-balanced leadership teams
- Geography: Africa
- Traction: Company has product in market, some customers and working toward product-market fit
- Stage: Pre-Seed
Companies might look like
- Financial resilience: emergency payments, insurance, disaster relief, data for pricing risk, asset-building products.
- Climate-smart livelihoods: green jobs, recycling, sustainable agriculture, carbon credits, fishery management.
- Sustainable utilities: water management, energy, cooling, cold storage, ventilation, clean energy access.