Waste to Value AcceleratorSupporting & scaling start-ups working to reduce, reuse and recycle waste
Are you an entrepreneur with a disruptive solution within the waste sector? We would like to help your start-ups grow.
Sub-Saharan Africa is projected to be one of the fastest areas for waste growth in the world over the next 40 years, due to rapid urbanisation and population growth. Now more than ever, there is an urgent need for reducing waste, reusing products, and recycling resources to catalyse a more circular and healthy world.
BESTSELLER FOUNDATION is launching a Waste to Value Accelerator in collaboration with Intellecap. The accelerator aims at supporting and scaling start-ups working to reduce, reuse and recycle waste in East Africa. We seek to support entrepreneurs and build strong networks for start-ups and investors in the waste economy across East Africa.
Participating start-ups will get a chance to:
- Become a part of a unique cohort in East Africa: Up to 10 selected start-ups will get an opportunity to become a part of the cohort in East Africa – and take part in shaping a community of founders, investors, mentors, and experts working to address the social and environmental challenges of waste.
- Receive business advisory support and mentoring: Selected start-ups will receive bespoke support and mentoring over a period of 6-9 months to strengthen their teams and business performance.
- Pitch to investors and gain access to potential strategic partners: Selected startups will receive investment readiness support and get a chance to pitch to BESTSELLER FOUNDATION and other investors for investments of up to USD $ 100,000.
If you are ready to accelerate your start-up, want to make Africa cleaner, greener & more circular and if you match the below criteria, apply to the Waste to Value Accelerator today!
- Solution – Your startup is operating in the “Waste to Value” value chain, offering an innovative, product/solution/service that involves reducing waste, reusing products, or recycling resources.
- Geography – Your startup operated in at least one of these countries in East Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda
- Financing – Your startup has a well defined financial model based on a proven business model, as at a post-revenue stage and is looking at raining capital.
- Operation – Your startup is a formally registered entity in your country of operation, it is for-profit, and is run by a full-time engaged founding team with a sustained local presence in the country of operation.
|Application deadline||January 6, 2020|
|Program dates||December 17, 2019: 9:00 - 18:00|
|Location||Copenhagen, Region Hovedstaden, Denmark|
|Targets||Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, United Republic of, Uganda|
|Sectors||Waste management and recycling|