Together with Bayer Foundation, Get in the Ring is looking for impact-driven startups from all of Sub Saharan Africa to join their Social Impact Startup Academy. The goal of the Social Impact Startup Academy (SISTAC) is to help Sub Saharan African companies to grow their business with input and workshops with Social Innovation Masters students from WFI – Ingolstadt School of Management in Germany!
SISTAC was co-developed by the Bayer Foundation and Prof. Dr. André Habisch, who teaches the program at Ingolstadt School of Management. It was first launched in 2018 and is mainly funded by the Bayer Foundation. The bi-annual program contributes to Bayer’s sustainability ambitions which in turn support the United Nations Sustainability goals #2 (zero hunger) and #3 (good health and wellbeing). The SISTAC methodology is based on Clayton Christensen’s “Prosperity Paradox” which offers a new framework for economic growth based on entrepreneurship and market-creating innovation.
The long-term goal is to implement SISTAC in management education across the global south in order to effectuate systemic mindset change, inspiring future leaders to recognize the economic and social impact potential of local innovators.
The action learning program is fully inspired by Bayer’s Innovation Agenda – which aims to mobilize a movement of employee entrepreneurs to collaborate on innovation programs and to connect to thousands of experts and enthusiasts across Bayer.
SISTAC is looking for startups who have a particular focus on the following Sustainable Development Goals:
#2 Zero Hunger
Startups focusing on ending hunger, achieving food security and improving nutrition and promoting sustainable agriculture are all in scope
#3 Good Health and Wellbeing
Startups that focus on ensuring healthy lives and that promote well-being for all ages are the target for this SDG goal
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Access to mentors from the Ingolstadt School of Management
- Access to Bayer Foundation network
- Business consultation free of charge
- Access to funding possibilities and competitions
- Access to SISTAC knowledge database
- Access to workshops and events
- Must be founded and operate in Sub Saharan Africa
- Business must have a major focus on Sustainable Development Goals as a whole, with extra emphasis on SDG 2 and 3
- Preference towards Female founder/co-founder companies
- Past the idea stage of development (ie must have existing customers)
- Must be a for-profit entity