7th Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship ForumAdvancing inclusive, resilient and sustainable growth in a post-covid 19 economy
|Date||Dec 2 - 8:00 - Dec 3 - 17:00 •|
|Organizer||Africa Woman Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Event Organizer|
|Sectors 126||Sector agnostic|
About this event
Launched in 2015 in Lagos, Nigeria, the annual Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) is Africa’s leading women entrepreneurship conference and awards event. The platform is an international gathering of 1,300+ entrepreneurs, startups, thought leaders, policymakers, international development partners, investors, CSOs, academia, and media for dialogue and discussions on issues of women empowerment, entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation in Africa.
AWIEF2021 will take place as a virtual event on 2nd and 3rd December 2021 with the theme “Advancing inclusive, resilient and sustainable growth in the post-COVID African economy.”
Over these years, AWIEF has offered participants and stakeholders an opportunity to engage, connect, and build new business relationships on the side-lines of thought-provoking conference sessions.
The AWIEF Awards was launched in 2017 to recognise and celebrate excellence in African female entrepreneurship and innovation.
Past AWIEF speakers and attendees have included, amongst others:
- Former country presidents and vice presidents
- African ministers and deputy ministers
- C-suite industry and corporate business leaders
- Heads of international organisations/UN Agencies
- International development partners
- Innovators and business experts
- And various high-level representatives from academia, business, diplomatic missions and other public and private sector leaders from across Africa and beyond.
Past AWIEF partners/sponsors have included:
- The World Bank
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- MTN Business
- Bank of Industry Nigeria
- Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa (IDC)
- Lagos State Government
- City of Cape Town
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA-EU)
- Technology and Innovation Agency (TIA) South Africa
- APO Group
- And various public and private sector bodies and development agencies.
- LEARN from high-profile speakers, industry giants and decision-makers
- CONNECT and NETWORK with key sector players and professionals across Africa and beyond
- SHOWCASE your business to a captive audience in a digital expo booth; interact and gain valuable customers (Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate as a Sponsor or Exhibitor)
Who should attend?
- C-suite level corporate professionals
- Diplomatic sector
- Business service providers
- International Development partners
- International Organisations/UN Agencies
- CSOs & NGOs
- Investment & financial services experts
- Government representatives and policymakers
- Persons interested in Africa and International Development