Our dream is a fair world in which all entrepreneurs in developing countries can realise their potential. Over the last seven years, we’ve grown from a R60K startup to a company with hundreds of millions of Rands to invest in our vision. We’ve incubated hundreds of entrepreneurs and positively impacted the lives of thousands of people. We flexibly combine ideas, people, and capital, to build the fast-growing SMEs South Africa needs.
This 22-week practical entrepreneurship training, mentorship, and investment programme will help you to start and/ or grow your business into an asset.
WHAT IS A BUSINESS INCUBATOR?
– Practical business skills training and tools
– One-on-one mentorship from skilled coaches
– Networking and group work with fellow entrepreneurs
– Up to R5,000 in kick-starter funding to get started or grow
AM I THE RIGHT PERSON TO APPLY?
– If you want to run a small business but need help to get started, we’ll guide and support you.
– If you are already running a small business, we’ll help you to grow and succeed.
Are you a Black-owned business in the supply chain of a Top 100, corporate looking for growth capital and support?
WHAT WE DO
– We make equity investments in fast-growing suppliers of Top 100 companies
– We support investees to ensure that they grow and that their growth is funded, that they remain transformed in the spirit of true transformation, and that they deliver on their commitments
HOW DOES IT WORK?
– Awethu is a Black Private Equity Fund Manager, a special designation in the DTI’s B-BBEE Codes
– Funds managed by Awethu are considered 100% Black-owned
– Awethu’s investments enable investees to avoid diluting their B-BBEE status in order to secure growth capital
– Awethu also assists investees to transform across all elements of the B-BBEE Scorecard, which is often an issue for Black-owned QSEs when they become Generics
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
– Grow your business with the patient capital AwethuprovidesAvoid dilution of your B-BBEE credentials
– Grow your business through the access to markets and post-investment support that Awethu provides