We’re a global startup generator enabling the world’s most brilliant and determined people to build global businesses from scratch.
Removing the barriers to entrepreneurship
Antler’s program provides’ founders with funding from day one, access to a global network of advisors and a clear path to raising capital. You’ll find the right co-founder, have your ideas validated, and grow your startup to a point that normally takes years to achieve.
Quit your job, start having a bigger impact on the world
As a founder, you’ll need to be in Nairobi for the first phase of the program. It’s an intense, but very fun and rewarding ten weeks as teams are formed and ideas created. For the second phase of the program, for about four months, you can and should be located where it makes the most sense for building your company.
What You Get
All founders get a stipend of US$1,500 per month for the first two months. Antler invests US$100,000 for a 20% equity stake in each company selected by our investment committee.
After the investment, companies are required to pay a program fee of US$15,000 to cover the cost of the program. If you don’t get an investment, you don’t pay any program fee to Antler.
Who Gets Selected?
We look for people with:
- Inner drive – You’re a self-starter and can motivate yourself and others to join your mission. You set high goals and have proven to achieve them.
- A clear spike – That strong attribute which enables your skills and experiences to stand out from the crowd. You have deep knowledge in an area where you can form a foundation of your company’s competitive advantage.
- Grit – Your source of energy never runs low. You always find a window when the door closes. You have the willingness and ability to keep going when you’re faced with obstacles.
The Selection Process
- Screening call: Some candidates will be invited to a quick screening call to get to know you better. During this stage, we will learn more about your passions, ambitions and overall drive and values.
- Problem-solving test: After submitting your application, you will be invited to do a quick 30 minutes test. The test gives us an overview of your quantitative and logical reasoning as well as problem-solving skills.
- Final interviews: Once you’ve made it to this stage, you will meet with the Antler team in person and some existing founders before being given a take-home case study to solve. During the two 45 minutes interviews, the team will assess you on the dimensions mentioned above, drive, problem-solving skills and spike. To prepare for this step, it’s helpful to think through the previous roles and experiences that helped shape your career so far. In particular, we’re interested in learning more about specific examples where you were faced with difficult challenges and how you resolved them.
Artificial intelligence, Big data, Cloud solutions, Computer software, Connectivity, E-commerce, E-learning, EdTech, Healthcare, ICT, Information technology, Internet, Internet of things (IoT), Mobile, New media, Online analytics, Online payment processing, Software as a Service, Virtual reality