About the initiative
The Anglo American Sustainable Investment Initiative (SII) breaks down barriers between impact businesses and investors to accelerate impact investment deals.
The SII was created to support businesses looking for finance, to help them overcome hurdles in preparing for investment and matching them with aligned Investors.
Businesses that qualify for the SII will be assessed by our team and support, or Technical Assistance (TA), will be provided free of charge to help you prepare and engage with investors. TA is designed to suit your needs, and where you are in your investment journey. When you’re ready, we’ll match your business with aligned investors and make targeted introductions. We’re constantly building our investor pool to include a wide range of investors, with diverse focal areas, instruments, and ticket sizes.
To be considered, your business must meet all the following eligibility criteria
- Must be registered in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia OR Zimbabwe
- Must be able to demonstrate that you have generated at least US$ 125 000 in revenue over the past 12 months
- Must be seeking funding to be used to grow your business
- Seeking to raise between US$ 200 000 – US$ 25m of debt and/or equity (excl. grant funding)
- Is operational in any sector
What does the SII offer your Business?
- Helps you identify and understand what you need to prepare for investment.
- Provides targeted support to address gaps and ensure your business is investment ready.
- Offers access to funding opportunities with the expertise required to raise finance.
- Opportunity to match you with an investment partner to support your business.
Apply, or contact the SII team for more information at SIIAfrica@angloamerican.com
|Program dates||Aug 1 - Dec 31|
|Targets||Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Construction and manufacturing, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Retail and wholesale, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene