We build rather than just support startups. We work alongside companies to write code, make sales calls and close commercial contracts. As a venture-builder that’s been in the business for more than four years, we know what founders need to build and scale their businesses. We’ve taken all our learnings and knowledge and packaged it into a 20-week programme. We aim to get companies investment-ready and funded within five months of starting our programme.
A TWO PHASE APPROACH
The Core Phase is an intense 8-week period of rapid building, workshopping and scaling at Akro HQ in Cape Town. This is followed by the Extended Phase, a 12-week period of continued mentorship combined with focussed and dedicated fundraising efforts.
15 May: Applications close
10 June to 31 July: Core Phase
1 August: Demo day
2 August to late October: Extended Phase
5 August: Applications for Cohort 2
HOW WE DO INVESTMENT
We provide startups with access to capital from the SA SME Fund, to be deployed through their partner funds, as well as access to Akro’s angel investor network. Investment discussions take place after the Core Phase.
- 288 hours of dedicated time and active business-building with our experts and advisors, including time with software architects, designers and other product-builders.
- 60 hours of post-programme mentorship with our advisors.
- R175,000 in legal and financial services, including ±R75,000 worth of contracts and other legal documentation offered as part of the package, and Facetime with our partner accounting firm, Iridium.
- R100,000 in digital infrastructure services.
- Access to our co-working spaces in CPT.
- Access to potential partner and client networks, valuable startup-specific resources, and investors.
- Events, excursions and other activities.
CLICK HERE for more info