About the challenge
The ORPEA Challenge 2022 is an international challenge where startups are invited to enhance the experience of care facilities, assisted living facilities or hospitals by introducing innovative multi-sensory solutions. ORPEA GROUP is looking for a series of sense-activating components that create a multi-sensory engagement to enhance the well-being of its residents.
The solutions can be designed to the benefit of a single resident, as a group experience, or as a resident & family experience. As such they can be deployed In Individual rooms, In common spaces, In hospitality areas etc. ORPEA GROUP is interested in solutions that provide added value in the daily life of the residents while matching the practical aspects of deployment within the facility.
Startups can participate in the following categories:
- Stimulation: Create rituals and multi-sensory experiences that target cognitive stimulation, memory etc
- Entertainment: Create rituals and multi-sensory experiences that aim to entertain residents and enrich their daily lives
- Wellbeing: Create rituals and multi-sensory experiences that are designed for relaxation, mental wellbeing etc
Participants have the opportunity to win the following prizes:
- First prize: Dedicated assistance and support to deploy a PoC within ORPEA facilities in 2 or more countries
- Second prize: Dedicated assistance and support to deploy a PoC within ORPEA facilities in 1 or more countries
- Third prize: Exclusive mentorship with ORPEA to leverage their industry experience for the co-development of the project or solution
|Program dates||Apr 5 - May 15, 2022|
Africa, Americas, Antarctica Region, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Austria, Belgium, Eastern Europe, Germany, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Micronesia, Monaco, Netherlands, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Switzerland
Creative, media and entertainment, Healthcare, Healthcare providers and services, HealthTech, Internet of things (IoT)