The Green Sciences for Cosmetics is now open to innovative startups from Europe and Africa! Your company could be working on natural and bio-sourced ingredients, energy-efficient manufacturing processes, innovative self-care routines, or even something totally unexpected. As long as it aligns with our commitment to sustainability, we want to hear from you!
By submitting your innovative idea, you will:
- Pitch your solution to global L’Oréal Research and Innovation teams
- Win 1 million euros worth of equipment & technical support
- Access mentoring on innovation transformation
- Network with key players in the industry
What if my startup could play a part in sustainable beauty?
The most convincing solution stands a chance to win 1 million euros equivalent of equipment & support for cosmetic incubation.
This is your chance to pitch your solution to one of the world’s leading cosmetic brands at the final event in Cape Town and win first-class support, resources and most importantly, experiences that will push your business forward.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to make a real difference. Apply to the Challenge before June 5th, 2023!
Here are some themes to get inspired
Exploring natural and bio-sourced alternatives to synthetic or petroleum-based ingredients.
Exploring ways to reduce energy usage, water waste, or carbon emissions in the manufacturing process.
- Skin, scalp or Hair
It’s all about exploring innovative solutions to improve our customers self-care routines.
- Open Category
What if, you could pull an unexpected string between your idea and cosmetic ? Be creative, we are open to innovative solutions from any other field!
The grand winner stands to win:
- A chance to benefit from an incubation program in our laboratory with 1 million euros equivalent of equipment & support for cosmetic incubation.
The second and third-placing winners stand to gain:
- Mentoring from L’Oréal innovation experts to help them transform their technology.
- Visibility through ENRICH in Africa and L’Oréal main communication channels.
All 3 winners will have the chance to introduce their solution to global l’Oréal Research and Innovation teams to discuss acceleration and master class opportunities worldwide.
During the Final Event Ceremony, you will have the opportunity to pitch at a major AU-EU Innovation event in front of L’Oréal executives and network with key players from the European and African innovation ecosystem.
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Startups. A business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
- All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility may be required prior to awarding any prizes.
- This Challenge is not open to employees and representatives of Agorize and the members of their families.
- This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
Purpose of the challenge & participation
Participation in the Challenge must be as a Startup.
- Startups. Startup Participants enter the Contest on behalf of their legal business organizations. During the registration process, Startup Participant must designate one individual who is part of the company for contact purposes with the Sponsor. This person will be responsible for registering the Startup at the Challenge and participate in the Challenge on behalf of the Startup. As a Startup participating in this Challenge, you represent and warrant to the Sponsor that such person (i) is an authorized representative of Startup and is participating in the Challenge on behalf of such company, and (ii) has obtained all necessary approvals to enter the Challenge, including all persons qualified to grant any intellectual property rights to Sponsor. Any individual who is employed by a Startup may also submit its participation as an Individual Participant.
|Program dates||May 10 - Jun 4|
|Sectors||Drugs and cosmetics|