Can your startup make mobility more sustainable, smart or inclusive?
The European Startup Prize for Mobility (EUSP), the EU-founded acceleration and investment Programme for sustainable mobility startups, is back for its 4th edition!
This year, EUSP provides a one-stop-shop to all major EU institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, European Investment Bank, EIT InnoEnergy, SESAR, Shift2Rail) and with major mobility corporations and tech giants.
EUSP is looking for mobility startups based in the European Union and countries participating in the Horizon Europe Programme.
About EUSP 4th Edition
This year, 20 startups will be rewarded. Additionally to the 10 best-ranked startups , another 10 startups will be chosen by our EU partners and given “Special Prizes” in each of the following categories:
- Accessibility and inclusive mobility under the patronage of the European Commission
- Electro-mobility under the patronage of the European Commission and in partnership with the EU Battery Alliance and EIT InnoEnergy
- Scale-ups in partnership with the European Investment Bank
- Space tech under the patronage of the European Parliament
- Future Skies partnership with SESAR Joint Undertaking
- Rail mobility in partnership with Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking
- Blue mobility in partnership with World Ocean Council
- Urban experiences and services in partnership with RATP group
- Smart city in partnership with Groupe ADP
- Logistic and freight in partnership with GRDF
Benefits For Startups
It’s a unique opportunity to win access to an investment and acceleration programme and gain free access to:
Investment: Multiple financing opportunities with European investors and EU financial instruments dedicated pitch days.
Visibility: +300 000 viewers and representatives from all our EU institutions partner organisations watch the 2020 edition.
Mentoring: Benefit from a tailor-made programme by Boston Consulting Group to build an international strategy to scale up across Europe.
Advocacy: Co-create a green manifesto to boost smart and sustainable solutions and present it to the European Union’s decision-makers in a live event.
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
During the selection process, applicants will be asked to tick one or several of the categories below (one main and a few secondaries), depending on where they fit the best:
– Accessibility and inclusive mobility
– Logistic and freight
– Smart City
– Urban experience and services
– Blue mobility
– Future Skies
– Rail mobility
– Space tech
Those categories will help the Jury to match the right experts with the startups to be evaluated.
The selection process is organized in three levels of selection:
– On-line (in order to determine a top 50)
– Visio (in order to determine the top 10)
– Ceremony (awarding the top 10 and 10 Special Prizes)
50 independent experts, covering every sector of smart and sustainable mobility, recruited by EUSP and its co-founders will review all applications.
All members of the evaluation team are subject to the full confidentiality of all information communicated during the EU Prize selection process.If any member has a direct or indirect link with an applicant, that could potentially influence the scoring process, he/she will not be invited to evaluate this particular startup. This rule applies for individual investors, corporate investors, board members, family, advisor, customer or supplier relationship, inter alia.
Notable dates to save
9 December 2021: innovation map to be released
February 2022: announcement of the top 50
March 2022: announcement of the top 10
28 March 2022: Award Ceremony
Eligible countries for startups to apply from:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine