|Application deadline||Oct 30|
|Organizer||AfriLabs Innovation Hub|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry
The aim of this competition is to identity and reward start-ups/SMEs working on similar sectors and/or developing similar products and services, candidates to become a molecular start-up.
We call a molecular startup a company built as an aggregation of two or more companies or startups addressing the same market and whose combination products or services deliver a consistent product or service.
If you are interested in external growth, in joining forces with a partner and hence develop internationally without having the hurdle of opening a branch abroad, this opportunity is for you.
Innovative startups and SMEs’ projects providing solutions to the Covid-19 healthcare crisis are expected, addressing, in particular, one or many of the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- #2 Zero Hunger (related to food wastage)
- #3 Good Health and Well Being
- #4 Quality education
- #6 Clean Water and Sanitation
- #7 Affordable and Clean Energy
- #8 Decent work and economic growth
- #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
- #12 Responsible consumption and production
- #13 Climate action.
As such, technology-enabled solutions addressing one or many of the above-mentioned SDGs are invited to apply.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your business in new markets in Europe and India by receiving access to mentors, strategic partners and market experts in your target region(s)
- Rapidly validate your product and service ideas in new markets
- Be matched with a start-up or business of similar size from Europe, Africa or India that is working on similar or complementary solutions to yours
- Be introduced to and receive support in engaging with your counterpart
- Receive mentoring and legal advice on how to collaborate with your counterpart business in Europe, Africa or India
- The group of 3 matching companies with the highest potential of becoming a molecular start-up, will win a travel allowance to the other region for taking the next steps towards serious engagements.
The competition is open until 30 October 2020.
About the organizers
Incubateur Descartes and Technoport from Luxembourg, Atal Incubation Centre-Aartech, IIM Calcutta Innovation Park, SRIX (SR Innovation Exchange), Innovus from South Africa, and Afrilabs are organising “the Aggregator 2020”, an International Start-Up vs Covid-19 Matchmaking Competition between Europe, Africa and India (hereinafter the “Competition”)