International Conference on Public Health in Africa 2021The 1st International Conference on Public Health in Africa (CPHIA)
The 1st International Conference on Public Health in Africa (CPHIA 2021) comes at a critical time on the continent and in the world. COVID-19 has strained health systems globally, and with limited access to vaccines in Africa, the pandemic has laid bare deep inequities in access to healthcare and scientific innovations. CPHIA will create a unique platform where African researchers, policymakers and stakeholders can share perspectives and research findings in public health, while ushering in a new era of strengthened scientific collaboration and innovation across the continent.
This will become an annual conference, hosted by the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Track 1: Epidemiology of SARS-COV-2, virology, prevention and clinical
- Track 2: Vaccine advocacy, production and distribution
- Track 3: A new public health order for Africa in the context of public health emergency
- Track 4: Assessing the response to COVID-19 in Africa to prepare for future health threats
- Track 5: COVID-19 and equitable health system strengthening in Africa
- Track 6: Digitalisation, modelling and analytics to support an effective public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Track 7: Agenda 2063: whole-of-society – private sector, community and leadership – approach in combatting COVID-19 and other emerging diseases*