Free AMI business growth program for Kenyan business owners who participate in MIT research study
Kenyan business owners are invited to apply for AMI’s Grow Your Business program, offered for free as part of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) research study. This study will evaluate the effectiveness of AMI’s programs, while supporting participating businesses to pursue their growth goals.
Access AMI’s growth offerings
AMI is offering free business growth programs to qualified businesses who apply and are accepted to participate in an MIT research study. Those accepted into the research study will be randomly allocated to one of the opportunities below. Both business growth opportunities are offered free of charge as part of the study:
AMI’s 2022 Virtual Grow Your Business Program
A 6-month virtual business growth program for you the business owner and your senior team. The program includes practical tools and interactive workshops to support you to achieve your company’s growth goals.
The program will include an additional 6-month post-program support and upon successful completion, you qualify to join AMI’s prestigious Growth Network – a pan-African club for ambitious businesses – and Finance Link, which links you with potential funders.
Pre-qualification for AMI’s Growth Network and Finance Link
Your business will not participate in the learning experience, but you’ll become eligible for a one year free membership to AMI’s prestigious Growth Network – a pan-African club for ambitious businesses after after completing required tracking and reporting of your business metrics.
Benefits of the network include access to AMI’s world-class business tools, courses and resources, networking events with hundreds of other ambitious entrepreneurs from across Africa, and opportunities to apply for and be connected with potential funders through AMI’s Finance Link.
- The main applicant and participant is the Business Owner, CEO, or Founder of the business
- Business owners can be accompanied by up to 2 employees (key staff or senior managers)
- Years In Business: Business in operation for more than 1 year
- Revenue: Generated between KSH 1 Million – KSH 50 Million in revenue in at least one of the last two financial years
- Employees: The business has a minimum of 2 full-time employees
- Internet Enabled: Smartphone/internet connection to access online tools, courses, and the online community
- Performance-Oriented: Willing to share key performance/financial data (so that you and we can learn about your growth progress).
Benefits of the Program
Instead of talking to entrepreneurs about concepts and theories, AMI introduces practical business and management tools that can be applied to business practices on day one. Participants navigate their learning journey with our learning platform and apps, powerful facilitator-led interactive workshops, and peer-to-peer support.
- Your Toolkit For Business
More than traditional training – practical tools that you’ll use immediately
- Human-Centered Learning
No boring lectures. Expect engaging and interactive workshops led by world-class facilitators and interactive peer group meetings
- Bite-Sized Content On The Go
Get the content you need, when you need it, via web and mobile. Access 20+ online courses & over 125 business tools
|Program dates||Jan 15 - Jun 30, 2022|
|Organizer||African Management Institute|
- Irene OkoyeSouth Africa