For the fifth consecutive year, the Agence française de développement is committed to supporting high-impact digital actors in Africa. For this new edition, the AFD Digital Challenge wishes to combine the challenges of the digital transition with those of climate protection and biodiversity, in line with Goal 13 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
is your startup operating in one of the following themes?
Reducing the digital footprint:
- Digital tools and services for the reduced energy consumption of networks and data centers,
- eco-construction and tools used to reduce the consumption of terminals and boxes,
- eco-design of digital equipment and services,
- recycling of electronic waste
Innovating to build a sustainable economy:
- Digital technology to reduce the impact of land, air, sea and river transport,
- Digital technology to promote sustainable territories,
- Services numériques de diffusion de bonnes pratiques pour l’environnement et le climat à destination du secteur public, des entreprises et des citoyens,
- digital services for the dissemination of best environmental and climate practices for the public sector, businesses and citizens,
- digital services for green finance,
- digital tools and services for agro-ecology, traceability and limiting agricultural losses.
Preserving natural resources:
- Preventing and reacting to natural disasters: data and prediction, warning systems, business continuity plans for climate incidents, civil protection systems, etc.
- Contributing to the preservation of ecosystems and helping the most vulnerable populations to adapt to climate change.
- Your project is related to one of the themes presented above and detailed in the rules
- Your project is already on the market and is in the seed/launch phase
- Your project has a legal structure as well as a sustainable and autonomous business model
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution
The 10 winning projects will receive financial support, as well as support to accelerate their project and participate in the development of solutions to protect the climate and biodiversity. They will be supported by AFD through an “acceleration pack”, a technical and financial support worth €20 000.
|Program dates||Jun 1, 2021|
Agribusiness, Clean technology and energy, EdTech, Financial services, HealthTech, ICT, Leisure and travel, Utilities, Water, sanitation and hygiene
13. Climate Action, 17. Partnerships to achieve the Goal