Action Hero Ventures is a private investment holding company that makes early stage investments into real businesses run by strong entrepreneurs.
The company was founded in 2013 by Ernst Hertzog (M.Eng, MBA), an industrial engineer with professional experience in telecommunications, healthcare and financial services.
We look for scalable businesses in various industries that require relatively small amounts of capital to grow. The maximum initial investment amount is ZAR 3M and we prefer to invest alongside other investors for a minority equity stake.
Funding in itself is not sufficient to grow a business, therefore we add value by assisting in strategy formulation and execution and by giving access to valuable networks.
The company is based in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
THE BUSINESS MUST:
- Be a company. We do not invest into ideas or research.
- Be revenue generating. (Taking even the smallest amounts of revenue offers opportunities to learn and improve.)
- Be incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and preferably be based in/around Cape Town.
- Solve a burning need for its clients.
- Not be capital intensive.
- Be scalable.
- Display innovation in its processes, products or services.Have barriers to entry that create a competitive advantage.
|Location||Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa|
Retail and wholesale, Agribusiness, Automotive, Banking, Clean technology, Computer hardware, Computer software, Construction, Creative, media and entertainment, Diversified services, E-commerce, EdTech, Education, Electronics, Financial services, Food and beverage, Healthcare, HealthTech, Insurance, Internet, Leisure and travel, Manufacturing, Mobile, Real estate, Renewable energy, Telecom, Transport and logistics, Utilities, Waste management and recycling, Water, sanitation and hygiene
- Ernst HertzogStellenbosch, South Africa