We are looking for those start-ups founded by Africans, that are solving problems in business, government and civil society. We believe in championing start-ups, accelerating digital transformation, driving innovation and helping to unlock Africa’s abundance for all!
Are you a Firestarter? If so, click here to enter and complete your application form.
Entries will be adjudicated by a diverse panel including: academics, corporate sector specialists and representatives from the innovation ecosystem. Survey findings will result in a study identifying success factors for African start-ups.
Globally, new ecosystems of diverse players are forming to solve social and business problems. Some of the most pivotal players in these ecosystems are disruptive new digital and specialised technology solution providers—they offer cheaper and faster development times, innovative products and services, and new paths to market. As a Firestarter, you will:
• Join the global Accenture Open Innovation network, membership to this network allows your tech product to be considered for other opportunities across the globe through Accenture.
• Gain media exposure as one of Africa’s Top 30 Tech Start-ups.
• Participate in an Accenture led corporate market access week in Johannesburg, where you will be exposed to pitching techniques, client co-creation sessions and speed dates.
• Be invited to Accenture led client workshops to co-create and pitch with Accenture’s project teams.
• Have the opportunity to house your tech innovation in the Accenture Liquid Studio in Johannesburg, where we host multiple corporate workshops per week.
• Network with corporates and key stakeholders in the entrepreneurial ecosystem at the exclusive awards dinner in Johannesburg February 2019.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST
• Founded by an African
• Demonstrate innovation
• Be a registered business
• Be less than nine years old
HOW WE WILL SELECT AFRICA’S TOP 30 TECH START-UPS
• That are closing significant market gaps
• Whose core businesses demonstrate innovation
• That demonstrate exponential growth
• Whose products or services are unconstrained by geography
• The tech product must be market validated and at least have customers
• The tech product must be piloted
• Start-ups can be pre or post profit
Click Here for more information.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
|Sectors||Business services, Clean technology and energy, Healthcare|