Financial management is about preparing, directing and managing the money activities of a business/organization in order to achieve financial objectives. It is therefore crucial for both public and private sector organizations. Management needs to ensure that enough funding is available at the right time to meet the needs of the business. In the short term, funding may be needed to invest in equipment and stocks, pay employees and fund sales made on credit. In the medium and long-term, funding may be required for significant additions to the productive capacity of the business or to make acquisitions. This links in with the financial decision making process and forecasting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Programme officers and Finance managers who want to improve their skills in financial planning, control and reporting and government officers working on development projects.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Build project, donor and consolidated budgets using the activity-based budgeting technique
- analyze financial statements and budget monitoring reports to assess performance
- Apply good financial control measures.
- Understand the link between budgets, accounting records, and financial reports.
- Appreciate the central role of financial management in achieving institutions’ set goal and objectives.
- Understand the importance of budgets in planning, control, and decision-making.
- Appreciate the importance of accountability and transparency in an institution.
EVENT BOOKING & CONTACT INFORMATION
To register online to book your spot, click on this link [Event Online Registration Form] Fill and submit the online registration form.
Event Venue: Appleton Resort, Westlands Nairobi Kenya
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date||July 16 - 9:00 AM - July 20, 2018 - 4:00 PM •|
|Organizer||Versed Professional Services Event Organizer|
Westlands Nairobi Kenya
|Targets||Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe|
|Sectors||Business services, Consulting and business development, Financial services|