The program aims to teach, inspire and empower new generations of farmers through a practical, meritocratic learning pathway to profitable farming; from subsistence farming through cooperative farming to full-scale commercial farming.
The purpose of the TOP Farmer Development Program is to;
• Promote the benefits of small-scale subsistence farming; both urban and rural.
• Present commercial farming as an attractive career option for young entrepreneurs.
• Provide a practical, meritocratic pathway for aspiring farmers to develop their skills.
We achieve our purpose with the three-stage TOP Farmer Development Program in which aspiring farmers develop their skills by participating in practical farming activities;
• Acquire Subsistence Farming
• Apprentice Cooperative Farming
• Advance Commercial Farming
Success for farmers is measured in terms of productive achievements.
Success for the TOP Farmer Development Program is measured in equity in