Shopit is a mobile app that enables informal grocery stores to:
– compare prices at wholesalers in their area,
– order all their stock from their phone
– get it delivered to their doorstep in a few hours.
It saves them time (around 3 hours/order, no need to close their store to renew their stock) and money (5 to 10% on the cost of their stock using our price comparator) so they become more efficient and offer better and more affordable goods and services to their low-income consumers.
FMCG Brands and wholesalers pay to use Shopit to:
– highlight the visibility of their products,
– get direct access to the informal traders (Shopit acts as a virtual sales rep that takes orders and payment 24/7),
– better understand informal markets through the data we collect.
Shopit is easily scalable (integrated with payment and logistic solutions).
We built a community of 4000 informal traders in South Africa and we attract 100+ new stores per week. We work
Meet the 14 African startups selected for the GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Program kicked off in Nairobi, Kenya on 12-13 December 2019. The “Scaling digital… read more