Aromatic specialty coffee is being produced on the Mt. Sunzu Coffee Estate in the North of Zambia. The region is a secret hot-spot for fine flavour coffee, however it is impoverished and massively underfunded. Therefore, we see a great chance for this project to generate tangible social and environmental impact alongside a solid financial return.
– AGROFORESTRY: 300 hectares of coffee plantation
– JOB CREATION: 500 jobs created; 7’000 households reached
– ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES: 5 km2 of Miombo-forest protected
– INNOVATION: Modern technics and a fully traceable and transparent supply chain
– HIGH PRICE MARKET: 540 tons of fine flavor single origin specialty coffee annually
The project requires USD3.6 million of investment capital over three years is expected to generate
long-term cash flows of USD1.5 million per year. The project promises an IRR of 25% over 20
years (excluding exit) and a doubling of the invested capital within 9 years.