ExpenZa, is a mobile first expense tracker with a difference!
ExpenZa takes the hassle out of tracking your expenses by automating as much of the process as possible.
This is done by intercepting the income and expenditure SMS sent by your bank and using its information to populate your income and expense list. ExpenZa can also be used without a bank’s SMS service by uploading your bank statement onto the ExpenZa website.
Expenses to date can be compared with user defined budget per category. ExpenZa also has the following additional features:
– Automatic categorization of expenses
– Totals for monthly expenses, budget and accounts
– Import old messages from SMS inbox
– Notification when expense is decoded
– Notification when unrecognized SMS is received from bank
– Manual editing of expenses
– Sorting of expenses and categories
– Filtering by dates and categories
– Multiple accounts
– Export and import application data to SD card
– On the website reports can drawn
– Bank statement can be uploaded
The following South African banks are accommodated: ABSA, Capitec Bank, Discovery Card, First National Bank (FNB), GoBanking, Investec Bank, Nedbank, RMB Private Bank, Standard Bank, GoBanking.
In order for the automated expense tracking to work, you must have an account with one of the above banks, and you must be subscribed to their SMS notification service.
This venture has not initiated a round of financing on the VC4A platform. If they choose to, the summary of the fundraising round will appear to VC4A Pro Account users here.