The year 2021 has proved exceptionally successful for African startups, drawing more record-breaking fundraising deals than all of 2019 and 2020 combined. By early… read more
CALLING FOR DISRUPTIVE SCALE-UPS LOOKING TO RAISE BETWEEN $500K AND $10M.
We’re looking for 10 innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase their solutions to the world. Are you operating in Africa, generating revenue and looking to raise your Series A round in the range of $500K and $10M? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
In 2017-2019, we selected 60 scale-ups from across the continent as part of 4 showcase programs, resulting in a number of Series A deals totalling over $100M. Building on this success, the ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A’ – in collaboration with AWS Activate – is now a central component of our efforts to support investors connecting with high-quality deal flow. This is an exclusive opportunity to introduce your company at once to everyone who’s anyone in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
|Program dates||Sep 15 - Dec 31, 2020|
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Northern Africa, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's Super App - Transportation, Delivery, Payment & Lending
|Togo||E-commerce, Financial services, Transport and logi…||Startup stage|
GLU Global (Pty) Ltd
Integration at Speed
|South Africa||Banking, Enterprise software, Software as a Servic…||Growth stage|
A cloud based global e-commerce logistic platform
|Tunisia||E-commerce, Logistics, Software as a Service||Growth stage|
Aspire Power Solutions
A better energy experience starts here
|Nigeria||Clean technology and energy, Renewable energy, Sol…||Growth stage|
We Manage All Your Pharmacy Needs
|Egypt||Big data, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals||Growth stage|
|South Africa||Artificial intelligence, Cloud solutions, Smart ci…||Growth stage|
One-stop-platform for all your financial needs in Africa
|Nigeria||Artificial intelligence, Fintech||Growth stage|
ANKA is saas to sell, ship and get paid for African products globally
|Côte d'Ivoire||Arts, Fashion, Retail and wholesale||Growth stage|
Modern Payroll and HR technology for emerging markets
|Nigeria||Enterprise software, Fintech, Software as a Servic…||Growth stage|
Wapi Pay PTE Ltd
Africa-Asia leading payment gateway
|Kenya||Financial services, Fintech, Information technolog…||Growth stage|
WHAT WE OFFER
- Being recognized as 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur
- Participation in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 150+ early-stage investor organizations
- Professional edited 3 minute virtual pitch
- 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room
- Mentorship and pitch training by partner VC investors
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort AWS credits ranging from $10,000 to $25,000, tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS.
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to fundraising opportunities
- Your company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- You have a product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale;
- You have a very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Your team is based in one or more countries on the African continent;
- At least one of the founders has an African nationality;
- You are seeking Series A investment in the range of $500K – $10M*;
- While there will be exceptions, most likely your startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity, or received grants from donor organizations.
*Are you raising your Seed Round in between $150K – $1M? Consider applying to the 2020 VC4A Venture Showcase – Seed track. Deadline September 11th.
OUR SELECTION CRITERIA
Commercial Value of your Product/Service (25%)
Your company addresses a real problem in the market. Your product or service is different from others in the industry. Your business model is new and designed for scale.
Strategy for Growth (25%)
The market size is significant and there is potential to expand locally and into new markets. Your startup is scalable and has a clear strategy for growth. You can show demonstrable progress.
Management Team (25%)
Your team has the qualifications needed to make the business successful.
Market Traction & Financials (25%)
We will evaluate your market traction, revenue streams, and unit economics. If any outside funding has been raised before, it’s a plus.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
If you are selected for the Showcase, you are expected to:
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to pitch and engage with VC investors in the period of October – November 2020 and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase.
|Jun 16 – Aug 14||Application period|
|Aug 14 – Sep 14||Selection process / investor review / interviews|
|Sep 15||Showcase participants selection|
|Sep 15 – Oct 11||Mentorship program with VC investors|
|Oct 1 – Oct 11||Technical sessions with VC investors|
|Mid Oct||Launch of VC4A Venture Showcase – Series A deal room to 300+ VC investors|
|Oct – Nov||Ongoing showcase to VC4A investor network|
AN OVERVIEW OF VENTURE SHOWCASE PARTNER FUNDS
SERIES A SELECTION COMMITTEE
70 SHORTLISTED VENTURES
In addition to the list of selected ventures we make the 70 shortlisted ventures curated by investors available to all VC4A Pro account users below.