About the Awards
This award recognizes African women agripreneurs who have excelled in the agricultural value chain and have demonstrated remarkable innovation in their businesses by having an impact on food security, climate resilience, women, and youth empowerment. WAYA recognizes established and emerging women agripreneurs in three distinct
- Young Female Agripreneur (Rising Star)
- Outstanding Value-Adding Enterprise
- Female Agriculture Technology Innovator
These three women agripreneurs will each receive a USD 20,000 cash prize.
- Must be operating in agriculture/agribusiness value chains.
- Have an innovative product/service.
- Must be a national from one of the 54 African countries.
- Have a strong digital footprint and be a VALUE4HER member.
- Should be a remarkable community leader actively amplifying the voice of women.