The GreenRise Innovation Hub NigeriaInspiring and empowering nextgen food, agriculture and agtech entrepreneurs
The GreenRise Innovation Hub Nigeria is a food, agriculture and agricultural technology hub dedicated to specifically inspire and empower food, agriculture, agtech entrepreneurs and startups in Nigeria to build innovative and tech-based solutions for the agriculture and agribusiness sector in Nigeria and possibly, across Africa.
Our goal is to become a leading hub in Africa where innovative ideas in food, agriculture and agricultural technology are successfully contextualized, developed and empowered to become profitable businesses that address agricultural issues in Nigeria and possibly, across Africa by delivering efficient and cutting edge platforms and solutions for incubation, innovation and commercialization of food, agriculture and agtech ideas in order to contribute to global effort to increase food productivity, achieve food security, improve human nutrition and contribute to economic empowerment and development of communities.
Our key activities are:
- Food, agriculture and agtech ideas and startup incubator and accelerator programs
- Coworking space for food, agriculture and agtech startups and entrepreneurs .
- Hackathons (food, agriculture and agtech specific hackathon)
- Monthly meetups: Host and operate a platform where we connect food, agriculture and agtech entrepreneurs with mentors and experts.
- University students’ competitions.
- The GreenRise Innovation Challenge (food, agriculture and agtech challenge targeted at food and agriculture-related problem).
- Future Agro Challenge (we are the host organisation for Nigeria’s version of the global competition)
Future Agro Challenge Nigeria open for applications!
We would love to invite all agrifood-tech entrepreneurs across Nigeria to apply for the Future Agro Challenge Nigeria 2020. This is an opportunity to secure your spot as one of the 60 finalists at the Future Agro Challenge Global Championships!
The 5th Future Agro Challenge (FAC) Global Championships will take place this year during the Global Agripreneurs Summit on the first weekend of October in Thessaloniki, Greece. As the world’s leading competition, FAC mobilizes local communities all over the world to discover new fundable ventures addressing national, regional and global challenges.
Future Agro Challenge competition criteria:
– Exist no longer than 5 years
– Have an innovative or scalable business idea or model in the agrifood innovation sector (ranging anywhere from farm to fork)
– Can transform a community, a nation, a region, or have global impact
– Have a Minimum Viable Product
– Your business model and customer s…