ABOUT THE ELEVATE INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAM
The ELEVATE Investment readiness program is a joint initiative by the 1Million Startups East Africa Chapter in partnership with SME Support Centre that will see the entrepreneurs review their business model, build their growth strategy and a credible investment case, use of design thinking, monitor and measure impact, learn about impact investing aligned with the SDGs, financial planning and organization meticulously and help them seek investment for their businesses after the training. It is a 3 modular program that will build capacity in budding entrepreneurs that want to attract the right capital for their businesses. All entrepreneurs go through an intense program and mindset-shifting experience, with personalized support from experienced entrepreneurs, mentors, investors and content experts.
ELIGIBILITY & APPLICATION
You can apply for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- You have aligned your business to at least 1 UN sustainable development goal that you are passionate about as a business action
- Proof of concept completed with some revenue and customers
- Your venture is legally incorporated in a country in the East African Region
- You are a purpose-driven entrepreneur, working on a scalable solution that solves a real social challenge.
- You are seeking to attract investment
- Your business is between 1 year old and above
- You will be committed to attending all the 3 modules
Application to the Elevate investment readiness Program is done by filling the online application through this link. Applications for the first cohort two is open from 25th May to 16th July 2018. Successful applications will be notified on 18th July whereby they will proceed to make the program payment of Ksh. 15,000 and sign the contract.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend that you apply early.
ELEVATE INVESTMENT READINESS PROGRAM DETAILS
Module 1: August (1st to 3rd)
- Review of your business model, strategy and growth plan with real business cases
- Introduction to impact investing aligned with the SDGs
- Investment case part I: type of investment, valuation
- Impact measurement for the SDGs
- Pitch to peers, partners and investors (informal setting)
- Thematic Mentor matching
- Setting milestones for the program
Module 2 Meetup & working session: 7th September
- Mentor feedback
- Working session (Business and Financial Planning)
Module 3: October (3rd to 5th)
- Investor introductions
- Build your investment case – part 2: review shareholder structure, create a term sheet
PERSONALISED SUPPORT (20 HOURS):
Throughout the 3 modular program, you get access to our network of mentors, experts and resources that will change the trajectory of your business. The personalized development plan will enrich your business journey and meet your individual needs.
Full participation and cooperation of the entrepreneur are required during and after the training period to up to date information on revenue, employees, SDG impact and other relevant data that would be useful in the evaluation of the program until 24 months after the start of the program, by means filling our:
- Impact Tracking Sheet (bi-annually), and
- The ELEVATE investment readiness program member survey (annually
Our program is geared to SDG entrepreneurs from East Africa that are solving real social challenges. The network of 1Million Startups global community and our multimedia platform gives them global exposure and access to global connections to mentors and investors.