|Application deadline||Jun 26|
|Targets||Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia|
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Cars, Household appliances, Luxury goods and jewelry
Every talented entrepreneur should be able to support its bold vision.
If you’re building a groundbreaking business and want to scale on your market, and beyond, this is for you! The Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge aims to give entrepreneurs in Africa and the Middle East the means to launch and develop their business.
This challenge targets seed ventures with high growth potential and predominantly new technologies driven. Entrepreneurs in this region often experience more difficulties in accessing financing due to the low number of active investors, especially for seed investments. Investing in and supporting these entrepreneurs is key to the continent’s development and an important issue for Orange, which wishes to increase its co-operation with these innovation players.
Orange Ventures plans to invest a total of €500,000 in the MEA start-up ecosystem as a result of this challenge, with up to seven seed-stage startups benefitting from an investment of between €50,000 and €150,000.
The Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge is open to startups in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia. It targets startups at the seed stage, with high growth potential and new technologies at the core of their business.
At Orange Ventures, we’ll lead your first money or co-invest alongside others in your seed round. So if
- You have a bold vision with a passion for disruption and expansion
- You are willing to partner with Orange
- You are a tech-driven start-up
- You are mainly operating in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Sénégal, Tunisia, Morocco and Jordan
- You run Seed-stage company, you have not raised more than €1m in total equity funding
Apply to the Africa Middle & East SeedChallenge
- Submit your application, including the form online, your investor deck, excel, and 3-minute pitch (video) by June 26th
- Pre-selection: 1 or 2 interviews with Orange Ventures team
- Selection: 2 weeks of due diligence
- Investment: Investees announced on September 2020 (date to be confirmed due to COVID-19 crisis)