|Application deadline||Jun 30|
|Program dates||Mar 19: 9:00 - 18:00|
|Location||Redmond, Washington, United States of America|
Adtech, Agritech, Artificial intelligence, Big data, Cloud solutions, Connectivity, Fintech, ICT, Information technology, Internet, Internet-of-things, Online analytics, Software as a Service, Virtual reality
The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program supports social impact startups with technology, connections and grants so you can focus on bringing your big vision to life and making the world a better place.
Once approved, you will be eligible for:
- Microsoft Philanthropies grants for select ventures innovating in skills development, sustainability and accessibility.
- Connect with large commercial, public sector, and nongovernmental organizations as well as other startups in the social impact space.
Startups will also be extended membership into the premium offer from Microsoft for Startups which provides:
- Free access to Microsoft technologies including $120,000 USD of free Azure cloud and $1,000/month of GitHub Enterprise.
- Dedicated Go-To-Market resources to help startups sell alongside our global sales team and partner channel.
What are the program qualification criteria?
We prioritize enterprise technology or B2B startups who can best serve our customer base and will benefit most from the program. New member applicants are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Offering an innovative technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation.
- Less than seven years in existence.
- Less than $25M in total annual revenue.
- Seed, Series A, B, or C stage (or validated equivalent).
- Social impact startups from around the world are welcome to apply.
- You should carry an internal business metric that addresses an important social and/or environmental challenge through your products, services, and operations.
- You should have a statement of ethics and/ or a policy of responsible AI for social impact that will generate trust from customers, partners, and the public for competitive differentiation.
- Priority selection will be for startups aligning with key Microsoft strategic initiatives – We offer qualified startups access to grants in the fields of sustainability, accessibility, and skills & employability.
- You should have an established product, service, or business model which is poised for further growth in multiple communities or countries.
- You must be engaged in the development of an owned (not licensed) software-based product or service that will form a core piece of your current or intended business.
- Your headquarters must be based in the countries covered by our Azure global infrastructure.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
Benefits – Your partner in startup success.
From technical resources and free Azure cloud to selling alongside Microsoft salespeople and partner channel, we invite you to apply now.
“As a part of Microsoft for Startups, we have access to leading-edge AI technology and deep, well-connected account teams. This support helped us win a strategically important deal worth $2.6 million.” – Vlismas: Vice President of Marketing, Wysdom.AI
Unlock exponential value for your startup team
Leverage Microsoft’s commercial marketplaces, our enterprise sales team, and ever-expanding partner ecosystem to reach key global customers.
Here are just a few ways our program members receive support:
- A dedicated Startup Engagement Manager to unlock the right opportunities for your venture.
- A customized Go-To-Market plan to maximize joint marketing and special events with Microsoft.
- 24×7 technical support.
- A worldwide enterprise sales force paid to connect your solutions to their accounts.