Tech entrepreneur and early stage investor. Founder and Head of Entrepreneurship at Starttech Ventures and the Founder & CEO at Virtual Trip, one of the first tech startups in Greece. Political by nature and a passionate European federalist, Dimitris has been the President of YES for Europe - European Confederation of Young Entrepreneurs, the Founder of the Hellenic Start-up Association, a Board Member at EBAN - The European Business Angel Network and one of the 40-under-40 European Young Leaders for 2012/13.
Tsingos received his diploma in Computer Science from the University of Crete in 2002 and his MBA from the Athens University of Economics and Business in 2005. He was an undergrad guest researcher at the Computational Vision & Active Perception Laboratory of the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm  and a member of the Networks & Telecommunications Research Group at the Institute of Computer Science, FORTH [1999, 2000].
- Successfully exited from AbZorba Games [www.abzorbagames.com] making a 9.3x return over 7 years [Feb 2015]
- Co-founded the first undergrad student startup in Greece, Virtual Trip [www.vtrip.net], [Sep 2000]
- Pioneered in the Greek startup scene with investing in and/or co-founding 10 tech startups between 2003 and 2011
- Introduced the ‘Entrepreneurial Ecosystem’ scale-up model [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrepreneurial_ecosystem], realized later by Starttech Ventures
- Successfully completed 30+ EU-funded RTD projects with Virtual Trip, creating outstanding commercialization examples
- Delivered IT projects of very large complexity and criticality with Virtual Trip, like the Passport Issuing System of the Hellenic Democracy.
Specialties: Entrepreneurship, investments, software and services.