|Date||Apr 12 - 15:00 - Apr 15 - 17:00 •|
|Organizer||Learning ConnectedOnline education|
Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Africa, Americas, Antarctica Region, Asia, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
|Sectors 126||Sector agnostic|
|SDG||4. Quality Education, 8. Decent Work and Economic Growth, 17. Partnerships to achieve the Goal|
The Africa Centre in collaboration with Learning Connected presents a webinar series on sustainable entrepreneurship in Africa from 12-15 April 2021. The series of live, interactive webinars explore Africa-focused sustainable development challenges, practical solutions, case studies as well as emerging trends and opportunities through interactive presentations and discussions.
By connecting entrepreneurs, students, educators, makers, researchers and industry experts, the webinar series provides a platform for the exchange of knowledge to catalyse new partnerships and drive practical actions for sustainable development in Africa. 18 leading entrepreneurs working in 12 African countries will share the impact of their enterprises in solving challenges in IT, economy and employment, education, clean energy, health and well-being, sanitation and water, and the environment.
This online international event is for students across Africa, the UK, the US and anyone with an interest in sustainable entrepreneurship in Africa, with an estimated 1000 participants. The event is free and is easily accessible to students who can join remotely by simply registering online.
FOCUS ON I.T.
MONDAY 12 APRIL, 17:00 EAT | 15:00 BST | 10:00 EDT
- Jeph Acheampong, Blossom Academy, Ghana
- Indira Tsengiwe, BlueAvo, South Africa
- Elohor Thomas, CodeLn, Nigeria
- Ehi Binitie, Clearspace Labs, Ghana
- Elizabeth Kperrun-Eremie, Zenafri, Nigeria
FOCUS ON WATER, ENVIRONMENT AND RENEWABLE ENERGY
TUESDAY 13 APRIL 2021, 17:00 EAT | 15:00 BST | 10:00 EDT
- Timothy Kayondo, Aqua Methods Uganda, Uganda
- Marie Ndieguene, I3S, Senegal
- Eyram Amedzor, Jumeni Field Service Software, Ghana
- Troy Billett & Christian Yesashimwe, Offgridbox, Rwanda & US
- Lucia Bakulumpagi-Wamala, Bakulu Power, Uganda
FOCUS ON MAKERSPACES
WEDNESDAY 14 APRIL, 17:00 EAT | 15:00 BST | 10:00 EDT
- Martin Oloo, Fablab Winam, Kenya
- Ousia Foli-Bebe, Ecoteclab, Togo
- Dodji Honou, The Africa Makerspace Network, Ivory Coast
- Ewa Maréchal, Team AnkaVent and Team Kouraya, Kabakoo Academies, Mali
FOCUS ON HEALTH
THURSDAY 15 APRIL, 17:00 EAT | 15:00 BST | 10:00 EDT
- Pazion Cherinet, Orbit Health, Ethiopia
- Yusuf Bilesanmi, Shifa Technologies, Nigeria
- Fatou Juka Darboe, Make3D, Gambia
This event aims to:
- Raise awareness on sustainable entrepreneurship in Africa.
- Offer students and professionals from around the world the opportunity to gain insight into developing sustainable enterprises.
- Promote international research innovation to tackle global challenges and support economic growth.
All are welcome.
About The Africa Centre
The Africa Centre is a charity with a mission to create and promote authentic African cultural experiences. The Africa Centre achieves this through spaces and platforms that encourage creative expression, social interaction, cultural exchange, learning and entrepreneurship, and innovation. The Africa Centre works with individuals, communities and organizations in different parts of Africa and its global diaspora. They serve African and Caribbean communities in the UK and welcome anyone with an interest in Africa.
About Learning Connected
Learning Connected is a platform for educators to connect, share transformative knowledge, and enrich learning experiences. Learning Connected works across all phases of education to design impactful learning experiences so that today’s learners thrive and shape their world for the better.