Front-end / PHP Developer (remote)
Join VC4A in its efforts to build entirely new industries in the world’s most exciting markets! Our international team is building a world-class service for world-class entrepreneurs and their startups – connecting capital and resources to new innovations, products, and services that have the potential to redefine society as we know it. Our data shows that the more opportunities we connect through VC4A the faster these companies can grow and scale their operations. New jobs and new opportunities in the world’s fastest-growing markets that have an immediate and positive impact on people’s lives.
As an experienced Front-end / PHP Developer you are hands-on with the VC4A.com platform and are instrumental in determining what happens next with this beautiful project! Our only limitation is our imagination.
Why work at VC4A?
As a Developer at VC4A, no two days are the same. Each day presents an opportunity to tackle a different set of challenges and projects. The Developer will collaborate with the Technical Lead and Architect as part of the core development team.
As an experienced Developer, you will be involved with writing code and introduce new exciting front-end technologies to drive innovation, but also mentor other developers to take the platform to the next level. The role provides an opportunity to manage integration across all tiers of the VC4A platform. The Developer applies his/her creative problem-solving skills to develop and manage a high volume social platform servicing an active and growing community.
How we work
We work in remote teams in similar time zones and communicate and monitor our work primarily via Slack. We work with short 1 or 2 week sprints in which we dedicate ourselves to a certain workload to deliver by the end of the sprint. We share short daily progress updates and restrict having meetings to the bare minimum (sprint retrospective & planning) so we can be productive and focus on our tasks. We review each others’ pull request and help each other out when needed.
What you will do
- You make the platform look and work a little bit better every day.
- You will implement designs and work together with our UX designer.
- You coach your (remote) teammates and provide them with constructive feedback.
- You actively spot and report issues and work on fixing and refactoring code where needed.
- You come up with new functionalities, tools, technologies and actually build them.
- You enjoy improving legacy code as well as writing new functionalities from scratch.
- You respond to the PR review requests of your colleagues.
- You are eager to learn new tools & languages and share your knowledge with the team.
You have skills
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience as a Front-end Developer.
- You have experience with VueJS, GraphQL.
- You write (accessibility) standards compliant HTML & CSS (SASS/LESS).
- You know your way around legacy libraries like RequireJs and jQuery.
- You have a good understanding of PHP and preferably have prior experience with building WordPress templates.
- You are able to write high-quality code and think (improving) code quality and following standards is important. Every line of code you touch comes out better and cleaner than it was before.
What we offer
- An energetic environment with a passionate team focused on making a social impact and help (aspiring/) inspiring entrepreneurs succeed.
- Competitive salaries and stock shareholding plans.
- An environment that values your proactive attitude and ideas.
- A chance to grow in a work environment with room for personal development and initiative.
- Freedom to work wherever you want, as long as you are able to meet sprint deadlines and be present at (online) meetings.
- Open and flexible attitude to taking days off. As long as you promise to come back.
- An international and remote-friendly work environment with colleagues in The Netherlands, Nigeria, Romania, and France.
Interested? Apply right away!