Creative Marketing Specialist
Join VC4A. Join a community.
VC4A is a leading platform connecting entrepreneurs across Africa and Latin America with investors, mentors, and startup support programs. We strengthen startup communities by creating innovative and scalable businesses with the knowledge, network and funding they need to succeed.
Join VC4A in its efforts to build entirely new industries in the world’s most exciting markets! Our international team is building a world-class service for world-class entrepreneurs and their startups – connecting capital and resources to new innovations, products, and services that have the potential to redefine society as we know it.
Our data shows that the more opportunities we connect through VC4A the faster these companies can grow and scale their operations. New jobs and new opportunities in the world’s fastest-growing markets have an immediate and positive impact on people’s lives.
As a Creative Marketing Specialist, you are directly working with the VC4A.com community of entrepreneurs, program organizers, mentors, investors, and anyone who is bringing value to the ecosystem. No day will be the same, and believing in flat hierarchies within our team, you are welcome to contribute your own ideas and get actively involved in shaping this beautiful project!
How we work
We work in remote teams in similar time zones and actively communicate via Slack. We have weekly team meetings to sync with one another about what has happened in the prior week and plan the coming one. We keep each other updated, provide feedback, and support one another at any time. If you are based in Amsterdam, you are welcome to work at our office (depending on COVID circumstances).
What you will do
In the role of the Creative Marketing Specialist, you are responsible for successfully producing creative content and executing digital campaigns on behalf of VC4A, the platform, programs and partners. You are a visual and messaging expert with a keen eye for the details. You have a strong understanding and experience working with web based properties and know how to tap the power of social media. You will work hand-in-hand with Marketing Lead and the rest of the Platform Team to ensure seamless delivery for VC4A and its network of partner organizations.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, manages deadlines, and works independently. Strong knowledge of Figma, Adobe, WordPress CMS, Mailchimp newsletters, and main social media platforms are a must. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills in English, has a keen eye for detail, and is driven to deliver results.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who knows what is needed to manage and maintain an online community and who has experience working with requisite design software and the WordPress CMS system and can edit images and create attractive, well-structured layouts to ensure the quality of content on the platform. Your creative skills will also be called on to support or generate the promotion components of strategic partner and program campaigns using MailChimp newsletters and main social media tools. The work is both diverse and rewarding, with lots of opportunities for learning and growth.
At the core, we seek a driven individual to lead the implementation of digital campaigns on behalf of VC4A and our partners. Take full ownership of the creative, promotional and branding components of the VC4A platform, services and partner campaigns.
- Work together with VC4A team and partners on the positioning, branding, and messaging of creative marketing concepts and campaigns;
- Seek out creative ideas and develop marketing solutions that help VC4A and its partners realize their objectives;
- Develop designs, produce and deliver marketing content and materials for marketing campaigns;
- Actively use the VC4A content management system: prepare, review and edit content for publishing on the platform;
- Produce visual assets, video, sound, data visualizations, other marketing assets that help to convey VC4A messages;
- Assist the Marketing team in various outreach activities, e.g. social media campaigns and MailChimp newsletter campaigns.
Key requirements & skills:
- Background and work experience growing and development brands;
- Strong graphic design, social media, and marketing background (SEO and paid ads experience is a plus);
- Design skills & experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or other image, video production and audio editing tools;
- Experience working with the WordPress CMS is desirable. Ability to write basic HTML is a plus;
- Experience working with marketing automation tools like MailChimp. Experience developing custom templates is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Spanish and French are a plus;
- Eager to take initiative, contribute ideas, jump in when needed;
- Customer service-oriented, eager to help, and delivers work on time.
- Quality and attention to detail matters.
A sincere motivation to promote entrepreneurship development is a must.
What we offer
Joining a motivated team of professionals dedicated to supporting innovative high-growth entrepreneurs across emerging markets.
- An energetic environment with a passionate team focused on making a social impact and help aspiring/inspiring entrepreneurs to succeed;
- An environment that values your proactive attitude and ideas;
- Drive marketing efforts to a global startup community reaching global audiences;
- Opportunity to network with sector leaders and other professionals in the field;
- Competitive compensation and reimbursement of local travel costs;
- Freedom to work wherever you want, as long as you are able to deliver your tasks in a timely manner and be present at (online) meetings;
- Open and flexible attitude to taking days off. As long as you promise to come back;
- An awesome office in the center of Amsterdam where we play foosball and occasionally go for a drink, in case you are a ‘local’;
- An international and remote-friendly work environment with colleagues in Bolivia, Peru, the Netherlands, France, Germany, Nigeria, Egypt and Romania.
Interested? Apply right away!
Do you want to join our team as our new Creative Marketing Specialist? Then we’d love to hear about you! The deadline for applications is June 15th, 2022.