Associate – Latin America
Full + Remote
Join VC4A. Join a community.
VC4A is a leading platform for entrepreneurs across Africa and Latin America. We strengthen startup communities by connecting innovative and scalable businesses with the knowledge, network and funding they need to succeed.
Join VC4A in its efforts to build entirely new industries in the world’s most exciting markets. Our international team is building a world-class service for world-class entrepreneurs and their startups – connecting capital and resources to new innovations, products, and services that have the potential to redefine society as we know it.
As an Associate, you are responsible for supporting and executing VC4A programs in Latin America and building out the partner network and community in the region. You are directly working with the VC4A.com community of entrepreneurs, program organizers, mentors, investors, and anyone who is bringing value to the ecosystem. No day will be the same, and believing in flat hierarchies within our team, you are welcome to contribute your own ideas and get actively involved in shaping this beautiful project!
How we work
We work in remote teams in similar time zones and actively communicate via online channels. We have weekly team meetings to coordinate our efforts. We keep each other updated, provide feedback, and support one another as needed. Working in a global team means a high level of communication is necessary!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who knows the startup ecosystem in Latin America and is eager to work with a wide variety of partners across the startup community. You understand the world of startups and how they can be supported by mentors and investors as they go about building fast-growing disruptive companies designed for scale. You are an excellent network builder and communicator knowing how to engage people and organizations in the process of building up the startup ecosystem. Someone who is triggered by the opportunities in the region and who wants to play a critical role in moving efforts forward. The work is both diverse and rewarding, with lots of opportunities for learning and growth.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and has the ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, manage deadlines, and likes to work independently. Strong knowledge of WordPress CMS, Mailchimp newsletters, and main social media platforms is a big plus. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills in English and Spanish, has a keen eye for detail, and is driven to deliver results.
We are keen to connect with colleagues in Latin America and Mexico specifically.
- Project management: lead the implementation of VC4A’s programs and activities in Latin America;
- Partnerships and community building: attract startup entrepreneurs to programs, engage mentors and build VC4A’s network of investors in the region;
- Business development: take an active role in the development of new business opportunities and the creation of new proposals.
- Work together with the VC4A team to further develop the network of partners in the Latin America region;
- Engage with top startup founders, leading technical mentors, and high profile early-stage investors leading the industry;
- Perform planning, coordination and admin tasks required for successful project delivery;
- Activate the investor network and mentor pool for Latin America managing key relationships;
- Take an important role in implementing entrepreneur-, mentor- and investor-related activities;
- Coordinate efforts with the VC4A team, colleagues in the region, and with strategic program partners;
- Follow up with new business opportunities and communicate VC4A offering and services to prospective partners;
- Assist the Platform team in various outreach activities, e.g. social media and newsletter campaigns.
Key requirements & skills:
- Background in Marketing, Communications, Entrepreneurship or Business Studies;
- A genuine interest in innovation, startups, and the venture capital space;
- Strong writing/speaking skills in English and Spanish are a requirement;
- Experience managing relationships and working with strategic partnerships is necessary;
- Structured, hands-on approach to planning and implementation of projects;
- Ability to present on stage, in workshops, and/or as part of technical trainings is a big plus;
- Able to take initiative, willing to contribute ideas, jump in when needed;
- Customer service-oriented, eager to help;
- Quality and attention to detail matters;
- A sincere motivation to promote entrepreneurship development in Africa and Latin America is a must.
What we offer
Joining a motivated team of professionals dedicated to supporting innovative high-growth entrepreneurs in Africa and Latin America.
- An energetic environment with a passionate team focused on making a social impact. A drive to help aspiring/inspiring entrepreneurs succeed;
- A team culture that values your proactive attitude and ideas;
- Engage and work with the premier network of entrepreneurs mentors and investors;
- Opportunity to network with sector leaders and other professionals in the field;
- Competitive compensation and reimbursement of any international travel costs;
- Freedom to work wherever you want, as long as you are able to deliver your tasks in a timely manner and be present at (online) meetings;
- Open and flexible attitude to taking days off. As long as you promise to come back;
- An international and remote-friendly work environment with colleagues in the Netherlands, Bolivia, United States, France, Nigeria, Egypt and Romania.
Interested? Apply right away!
Do you want to join our team as our new Associate? Then we’d love to hear from you! The deadline for applications is September 27th, 2021