HoaQ is an investment club that supports early stage tech and tech-enabled startups. Started by Nubi and Joe, the club is looking to bridge the gap and connect between the diaspora community and entrepreneurs.
Our members are professionals from the diaspora who are:
- interested in backing early stage startups.
- looking to diversify their investment portfolio and put their savings to work.
- interested in learning about early stage angel investment.
- interested in working for and/or with early stage and growth startups.
Our value proposition
For the founders we provide:
- funding to allow them to move faster and achieve desirable growth.
- expertise and know-how by leveraging the knowledge and experience of our members and extended network.
- human capital to companies we have invested in, when they start to scale.
For our members we provide:
- access to early stage startup investment opportunities
- enablement as an investor – Returns on investment typically better than putting money with a financial institution
- sense of purpose by putting your funds towards companies who are doing meaningful work and an opportunity to work with startups the club has invested in.
Our investment philosophy
We invest in founders and teams with domain expertise, technical know-how, and have attained some traction within a large defined opportunity.
The companies we invest in must meet the following criteria before we proceed to invest:
- early stage tech and tech-enabled startups looking to attain high scale of growth (in the hundreds of millions $).
- companies with a technical co-founder, team member and/or cheap technical costs.
- African (incl. Diaspora) [co] founders.
- pre-seed, seed or Series A participation only.
- Revenue generating start-ups with traction.
|Sectors||EdTech, HealthTech, ICT|
Messaging solutions for Africa
|Nigeria||Big data, Marketing and PR, Software as a Service||Startup stage|