Job openings at VC4Africa
Community Manager (Internship)
The Community Manager is an evangelist for VC4Africa community and is responsible for the outreach and engagement activities of the VC4A.com platform. The ideal candidate will utilize communication skills and creativity to significantly increase the level of member engagement on the platform, as well as enhance the overall VC4A experience for members.
We are looking for someone who has experience working with CMS systems, and can edit text and images to ensure the quality of content on the platform. This is in addition to supporting strategic partners and programs, representing VC4A on social media channels, and working to engage sector thought leaders and media. The work is both diverse and rewarding, with ample opportunities for learning and growth.
- Proactively engage new community members: startup entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and partners;
- Support the process of onboarding new startups on the platform and ensure the quality and completeness of their online profiles;
- Guide and support member entrepreneurs in leveraging various online services offered by VC4A: online academy, mentorship marketplace, job board, fundraising campaigns and other;
- Support new partners in creating branded presence and running promo campaigns on the platform;
- Work with existing and new partners to showcase cohorts of startups via articles on the VC4A blog;
- Track and report community member feedback
- Content Management (CMS system): review and edit the content published on the platform by the 3rd parties; source, edit and publish blog articles, images, videos, event entries and more;
- Content Marketing: Utilize blog posts, infographics and viral videos to increase brand awareness and site traffic;
- Assist the Program Management team in various outreach activities, e.g. social media campaigns, MailChimp newsletter campaigns, liaising with media outlets and innovation space actors;
- (Optional) Support local event organization.
- Background in Marketing, Communications, Entrepreneurship or Business Studies;
- Genuine interest in innovation, startups and venture capital space;
- Strong writing/speaking skills in English. French is a plus;
- Experience managing a content pipeline with WordPress;
- Understanding of social media and MailChimp campaigns;
- Experience using Photoshop or other image editing tools with an attention to quality and detail;
- Willingness to assist in testing the rollout of new features of our online platforms;
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments, manage deadlines and work independently;
- Able to take initiative, willing to contribute ideas, jump in when needed;
- Customer service oriented, eager to help;
- Show up on time and deliver when promised;
- Quality and details count;
- A sincere motivation to promote entrepreneurship development in Africa is a plus.
- Joining a motivated team of professionals in the center of Amsterdam, dedicated to supporting innovative high growth entrepreneurs in Africa.
- A chance to grow in a work environment with room for personal development and initiative.
- A working experience that fits your career goals. Training and support will be provided.
- A work environment supporting inspiring upcoming innovators across emerging markets;
- Manage outreach channels (a global community) to become the premier network for the African startup community;
- Opportunity to network with sector leaders and other professionals in the field;
- A competitive compensation of 800 euros per month;
- Local travel costs are reimbursed and daily team lunches are organized for a small daily fee.
Full-time position: You are preferably based in or around Amsterdam (where our office is located). The position begins as soon as possible and lasts for at least 6 months, preferably 9+ months. Remuneration 500-750 euros per month, depending on your profile and duration of stay. The position begins as soon as possible. If you’re interested we encourage a quick application. Please apply via this page.