The Web Developer reports directly to VC4Africa Directors, but also coordinates activities with the CTO and other staff. The position is a key asset in advancing the VC4Africa platform with multiple opportunities for growth and skills advancement. The following skills and experience are expected to be demonstrated:
- Ability to deliver outstanding user experiences over desktop, mobile and tablet devices using responsive design.
- UX/UI and Design – Training or relevant experience designing layouts for websites and producing visual elements using software like Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator;
- Experience with and knowledge of PHP, WordPress is preferred;
- Agile methodology experience;
- Good working knowledge of Git and related managed code workflows;
- Good creative problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and code documentation).
- Ability to test code and report bugs, log support issues and/or possible improvements;
- Support fellow VC4Africa team members as needed;
- Ability or willingness to pro-actively spot and fix UX issues;
- Ability or willingness to work with advanced data visualization tools;
- Assist in the growth and development of VC4Africa in any way.
- A chance to grow in a work environment with room for personal development and initiative;
- Competitive salaries and stock shareholding plans;
- A learning experience that fits your career goals;
- A work environment supporting inspiring upcoming innovators across Africa;
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated global team;
- Opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the field;
- Office location in the center of Amsterdam, Foosball, delivered lunches and team that likes to have fun.
VC4Africa is one of the premier online platforms for entrepreneurs, mentors and investors building innovative companies in Africa. With 5,500 innovative African startups presented online, and over 35,000 members spread across 159 countries, VC4Africa is one of the largest platforms dedicated to the subject. We are looking to transform how the world discovers and promotes entrepreneurship opportunities on the African continent. VC4Africa has a young, fresh, dynamic startup culture and the business language is English. See the VC4Africa website for more.
If you’re interested we encourage a quick application. Please apply via this page.