Who We Are
The Global Solutions Initiative is a global collaborative enterprise to propose policy responses to major global problems, addressed by the G20, the G7 and other global governance fora. The policy recommendations and strategic visions are generated through a disciplined research program by leading research organizations, elaborated in policy dialogues between researchers, policymakers, business leaders and civil society representatives.
The Global Solutions Initiative was founded during the 2017 German G20 Presidency. Since then, the Global Solutions Initiative supports the Think20 process for think tanks and is a stepping stone to the T20 and G20 Summits.
Vision & Mission
The Global Solutions Initiative is a global collaborative enterprise comprised of a network of world-renowned think tanks. It proposes policy responses to major global problems, addressed by the G20, the G7 and other global governance fora.
The Global Solutions Initiative was founded during the 2017 German G20 Presidency by the Initiative’s President Dennis J. Snower. The Global Solutions Initiative is a stepping stone to the T20 and G20 Summits and supports the Think20 process for think tanks.
- To provide research-based policy advice to help governments tackle major global challenges of the G20 and beyond
- To generate proposals for aligning business, civil societies and governments for global problem-solving to address human needs in thriving societies
- To start a world-wide movement that aims to recouple economic, political and environmental prosperity with social prosperity
The Global Solutions Initiative’s mission is to provide an intellectual backbone for the T20 process and thereby for the G20, pursued in the spirit of global citizenship for the recoupling of economic, social, political and environmental prosperity. To this end, we promote a variety of events, publications and networks:
- The Global Solutions Summit – The World Policy Forum – will be held again April 20-21, 2020 in Berlin
- International workshops and conferences, comprising “deep dives” into particular policy areas
- Dialogues with policymakers and business leaders, based on the Policy Briefs
- National and regional meetings, exploring the interface between global problem-solving and local decision-making
- A Global Solutions Summer School for graduate students from public policy, business and media schools, to be focused on the implications of the recoupling theme
- A Global Solutions Journal which assembles world-class thinkers with politicians and representatives from civil society and business
Africa, Antarctica Region, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Europe, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nicaragua, Northern America, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela