Event Date: 6th – 10th, August 2018
Organizer: Foscore Development Center
The training is essential in the development of better understanding of the concepts of statistics. It will provide the participants with a general idea of computer assisted data analysis. Additionally, the training will also focus on developing skills that are crucial to the transformation of data using SPSS.
- Performing operations with data: define variables, recode variables, create dummy variables, select and weight cases, split files·
- Building charts in SPSS: column charts, line charts, scatterplot charts, boxplot diagrams· Performing the basic data analysis procedures: Frequencies, Descriptives, Explore, Means, Crosstabs·
- Testing the hypothesis of normality·
- Detecting the outliers in a data series·
- Transform variables·
- Performing the main one-sample analyses: one-sample t test, binomial test, chi square for goodness of fit·
- Performing the tests of association: Pearson and Spearman correlation, partial correlation, chi square test for association, loglinear analysis
Who should attend?
The course targets project staff, researchers, managers, decision makers, and development practitioners who are responsible for projects and programs in an organization.