FoodTech 500 ProgramThe world’s first definitive list of the talents in foodtech and sustainability.
|Application deadline||Nov 15|
|Organizer||Forward Fooding Other|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Agritech, Animal farming, Fish farming, Food and beverage, Food production|
Calling All FoodTech Entrepreneurs! Inspired by the Fortune 500, Forward Fooding is proud to present the FoodTech 500, the world’s first definitive list of the global entrepreneurial talent at the intersection between food, technology, and sustainability.
The FoodTech 500 is the ‘Fortune 500’ of the FoodTech sector – a ranking of the top 500 FoodTech companies in the world. Our mission is to raise the public profile of FoodTech and give visibility to the most innovative companies in the sector, showcasing their valiant efforts in tackling the varied challenges the system faces. We have created a set of criteria to unify, rank and score the businesses that would define the future of food.
The big differentiator of the FoodTech 500 is that it is a global initiative. Its global coverage provides a more accurate picture of where we are in food tech by showcasing the latest developments from international startup and scaleup companies across the entire supply chain.
Reasons To Apply
In addition to the prestige granted from the ranking, FoodTech 500 winners gain access to a global network of industry stakeholders, including Fortune 500 F&B companies, investors and advisors.
In addition to:
- Companies that rank in the FoodTech 500 gain access to a global network of industry leaders, including Fortune 500 F&B companies, international Food Tech VCs and institutional investors, business angels, and top-notch accelerators and incubators.
- The FoodTech 500 provides a platform for engagement, networking and global visibility.
- It’s a fantastic opportunity to become part of a vast community of AgriFoodTech industry stakeholders and get powerful press coverage.
- Applying takes less than 5 minutes and is completely free-of-charge.
The 2020 edition saw 2,000+ applications from startups & scaleups, 63 countries represented, 20 pieces of exclusive press coverage, 393,000 page views and 72,000 visitors from 180 countries on the FoodTech 500 website.
Who Can Apply?
All start-ups and scale-ups from the Food Tech (or ‘AgriFoodTech’) sector – from early stage to more established businesses, operating all across the food supply chain. At Forward Fooding we define Food Tech as ‘the emerging sector exploring how technology can be leveraged to create efficiency and sustainability in designing, producing, choosing, delivering and enjoying food.’ You can find out more about how we define Food Tech here.
On top of fitting the above definition, there are 3 main baseline criteria for submitting an application:
- The company needs to be incorporated
- The company needs to have an active website
- The company is less than 15 years old
Some sub sectors we are focusing on include: alternative proteins, vertical farming, packaging & materials, surplus & waste management, restaurant tech, food & grocery delivery, food processing, food safety & traceability, consumer applications, kitchen robotics, irrigation & water tech, precision farming and ag-biotech.