|Location||Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, The New Building, 2nd Floor.|
To be a Center of Excellence and a Hub for entrepreneurial best practices in the Egyptian Public Universities and in the Middle East and North Africa.
As a Center of Excellence and Entrepreneurship hub, we aim to empower a generation of startups, who can dynamically support the Egyptian economic growth, through providing diversified and outstanding incubation services for Cairo University students and alumni. FEPS Business Incubator provides startups with three main services; Awareness, incubation and Business Clinic.
Youth in the age group 18 – 35 years old.
FEPS BI main objective is establishing the first Business Incubator in an Egyptian public university, in the premises of Faculty of Economics and Political Science (FEPS), Cairo University.
Moreover, FEPS Business Incubator has the following specific objectives:
– Pushing forward newly established companies/startups that can significantly contribute to the country’s economic growth.
– Assisting in decreasing the unemployment rate, through encouraging the employability in nascent ventures.
– Raising awareness on Entrepreneurship among university students.
– Creating a new generation of Egyptian entrepreneurs who are able to employ scientific knowledge, in order to establish their own startups/new companies.
– Employ accumulated experience from experts (Advisory board and Mentors community) to support the growth of newly established companies/startups.
– Producing scientific research that can be directly applied and executed by startups. In addition, utilizing scientific knowledge and experience of academic staff through their role as mentors and/or members of the incubator’s advisory board.
We provide three main services:
1- Awareness program: aims to shed light on Entrepreneurship-related concepts and its best practices. A distinguished group of Egyptian entrepreneurs, professors and trainers will be hosted in these sessions where they will transfer their accumulated experience in the entrepreneurship field to the university students /Alumni.
2- Incubation program: it is a two cycle program, which will target 5-7 teams per cycle and each team will include 2-5 members. Each cycle will last from 4-6 months. Through which coaching and mentorship sessions are held to provide guidance to participants. These sessions include Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Market research, Financial management, and Networking. Furthermore, The incubator will provide a seed fund of L.E. 50,000 for all the teams participating in every incubation cycle. Also, a co-working space is provided to teams accepted in each incubation cycle, in order to help them develop their business plans and/or prototypes.
3- Business Clinic: Providing consultancy services to entrepreneurs who have established their own startups. This service will be offered by a group of mentors, who will provide their experience to support entrepreneurs and push their companies forward.