EfD’s mission is to achieve inclusive economic growth and elimination of poverty by promoting socially and environmentally sustainable private enterprise and social enterprise. EfD will achieve this by using its own resources and those of public and private sector donors to:
- Provide targeted grant support to enable public benefit components of ventures to proceed, bringing them to the point where they can attract private investment from domestic and overseas investors.
- Sponsor in-country workshops that highlight best practice and explore means of supporting their adoption by partner organisations in our focus countries.
- Maintain an Ideas Exchange and web-based library of best practice in this area including contact lists for organisations and individuals with relevant experience and understanding of the issues determining success or failure.
- Fund research to investigate the benefits and costs of alternative models of sustainable private and social enterprise and the effectiveness of interventions to promote them.
- Undertake other activities from time to time to contribute to meeting our goals.