Suitable start-ups to be funded through develoPPP Ventures are being selected during an open ideas competition.
This takes place twice a year and is open to all start-ups that meet the conditions for participation. The funding contract is concluded with one of the two implementing partners, DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH and Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
- Your company is registered in the target country or plans to register there prior to the co-financed growth investment
- You are pursuing an innovative business model and are already generating initial revenues (proof of concept)
- Your business model has high development relevance and scalability and contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The complete guidelines and assessment criteria for the develoPPP Ventures ideas competition can be found here.
Your application to the develoPPP Ventures ideas competition
The develoPPP Ventures ideas competition takes place twice a year for six weeks at the end of each quarter (June and December). Do you meet the participation requirements (PDF) and would like to apply for funding? Here’s how:
- Download the application documents for your target country
- Send in a completed application form
Each application will first be evaluated on the basis of consistent and transparent criteria. If your application is successful in the competition, you will be given the opportunity to pitch to the decision-making committee of DEG and GIZ. The best candidates will then undergo an on-site review (due diligence), which, if successful, will be followed by a funding contract.
The application for develoPPP Ventures is handled in each country by a team of local experts who are available to answer any questions you may have. You will find the respective contact details in the application form and guidelines.
Apply now for growth funding in Kenya
develoPPP Ventures is currently available in Kenya and is implemented there by DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft. Other countries on the OECD-DAC list will follow.