|Application deadline||Jun 30|
|Organizer||develoPPP.dePublic Sector Initiative|
Fiji, Kiribati, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Africa, Americas, Antarctica Region, Asia, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
Agribusiness, Business services, Clean technology and energy, Utilities, Construction and manufacturing, Creative, media and entertainment, Education, Financial services, Healthcare, ICT, Leisure and travel, Retail and wholesale, Consumer durables, Consumer non-durables, Transport and logistics, Water, sanitation and hygiene, Automotive, Clothing and textiles production, Computer hardware, Electronics, Food production, Furniture
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) currently supports measures by privately-owned companies that significantly alleviate the negative impact of the corona pandemic in developing or emerging-market countries.
Suitable projects can be funded with up to 200,000 EUR, in exceptional cases and in compliance with EU law higher funding may be possible. The public contribution can reach up to 100% of the project costs.
Who can apply?
The program is open for German and European companies as well as companies from developing or emerging market countries that meet the following criteria:
- Company is privately owned and run for profit as a general rule
- Company is registered in the EU, a member country of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) or a country on the OECD DAC list
- A minimum of two audited annual financial statements available
- Annual turnover of at least 400,000
- Sufficient economic solvency and liquidity
- Company and/or partners have staff resources and specialist qualifications required to carry out the project
- Products/services outside sensitive business areas (e.g. armaments, alcohol)
- Project country is on the OECD’s DAC List
- Project will significantly and directly contribute to mitigating the negative health and/or economic impact of the corona crisis
- Project activities with especially high relevance for the direct mitigation of the health and/or economic impact of the COVID-19 crisis in the project country may be directly relevant to earnings (promotion of core business), for companies registered in the EU this limits the public contribution to 50%
- Project design is coherent, objectives and activities are realistic and cost-benefit ratio is appropriate
- Project would not come about without develoPPP.de support (subsidiarity)
- Nature and extent of planned changes are measurable over the project duration
From application to project
Interested companies can submit their project proposals in the context of COVID-19 Response at any given time until September 30, 2020 to Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft (DEG) or Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The submitted proposals will be evaluated in a fast track process and – if approved – fleshed out in cooperation with the chosen partner.
Please send your completed application documents directly to develoPPP@deginvest.de or develoPPP@giz.de. Regardless of where you submit your application, DEG and GIZ are making sure that you will receive the ideal partner for your project.
Do you have questions?
If you have any questions about COVID-19 Response in the context of develoPPP.de or about your application, please contact the Agency for Business and Economic Development (+49 30 338424 765) or send your inquiry to develoPPP@deginvest.de or develoPPP@giz.de.