ABOUT WEST AFRICA COM
West Africa Com unites the West African Francophone and Anglophone Technology, Media and Telecoms Markets. The event makes sense of how the telco value chain can leverage its assets to deliver low cost broadband connectivity and digital services to the consumers and enterprises of West Africa.
KEY THEMES FOR 2020
- Affordable services to connect the unconnected
- Exploring the social benefits of ubiquitous connectivity
- Smart cities: Using technology to get economies moving
- Closing the digital skills gap
- Start-up “Shark Tank”
- Strategies in keeping traffic local
- Mobile money as an enabler for financial inclusion
- Developing infrastructure for a more connected Africa
- Building world-class data centres to support the digitization journey
INTERACTIVE FEATURES AT WEST AFRICA COM
Exclusive Post-Event Poolside Party
Featuring a live band, this is the perfect opportunity for delegates to network with peers in a relaxed and informal poolside setting. Attendees can connect with existing industry contacts and develop new relationships with West African TMT leaders.
Power Hour (By Invitation Only)
A dedicated networking session for VIP attendees to quickly identify future business partners.
West Africa Com Mobile Networking App
Our state-of-the-art mobile app maximizes networking value for all attendees. Delegates can book meetings in advance allowing you to plan your day!
Facilitated VIP Meeting Service
The opportunity to create a bespoke wish-list of who you want to meet and receive one-to-one introductions with our most senior and influential VIPs.
Leaders In West African TMT Boardroom (Invitation Only)
These exclusive, closed-door sessions tackle challenging and controversial issues in an informal and intimate setting. The Chatham House Rule applies to encourage frank and productive dialogue between industry leaders, policymakers and regulators.
AHUB West: Seed Start-up Investment Working Group
Unleashing the power of West Africa’s tech start-up ecosystem. Dedicated conference content and a brand new informal networking space for start-ups, investors and MNOs. We are working with the regions’ leading investors and accelerators to effectively fund the most innovative new tech ventures.
HEAR FROM THE MOST INNOVATIVE START-UPS IN THE REGION AT WEST AFRICA COM
The 2020 AHUB West Competition is an opportunity for the most impactful start-ups in the region to be part of the West Africa Com agenda and the conversations that will shape the region’s digital transformation. The finalists have been selected and for a series of unmissable sessions that highlight the role of Start-Ups in building a more productive economy, hear how West African entrepreneurs are innovating industries and driving value.
THEMES AT AHUB West
- Agri-Tech: How can MNOs partner with enterprise, NGOs and governments to source solutions?
- Fintech: The evolving synergies between financial and digital inclusion
- Digital Healthcare: The role of ICT in the Healthcare Industry
- Growing a culture of innovation: integrating West African start-ups in digital development
- Facilitating partnerships and collaboration between start-ups, mobile operators and solution providers to bring mobile solutions to critical situations
- Funding the next generation of innovators: How can investors make start-ups an integral part to the digital revolution?
Start-up business criteria: West Africa Com is supportive of nascent businesses and complimentary passes to the show are available on a case by case basis for start-up businesses in technology, ICT, telecommunications or Fintech related sectors. Applicants must be of a business-ready status and have been in business for less than five years; ideation stage start-ups will not qualify.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dakar Sea Plaza
Africa, Antarctica Region, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Europe, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kiribati, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Nicaragua, Northern America, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela
|Sectors||Connectivity, EdTech, HealthTech, ICT, Internet of things (IoT)|